Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer come near road

Old 09-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Spike

Default Deer come near road

I'm on a new lease. I have to walk a trail too my tree stand and it opens into a good size field. A small pond is about. 25-30 yard in front of me. The field is about 100 yards from side to side. And about 10 yard behind that is a small back road. But. It's about one car. Every 15-25minutes. They're are tracks by the pond. Deer and hog. And my feed is getting ate up during night hours. Will deer still come with that road being there and cars. Or am I wasting my time and needa move back into the trails. Will upload picture of area once I'm down and back home.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Spike

Behind the pond. It goes up a small 5-10 foot hill with a tree line. So. Hard to see road. But u can see lights and hear when a car passes. Meant too add that
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Spike

http://instagr.am/p/PmKT1Zp4TJ/
Old 09-15-2012, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

put out a trail cam and see when they are in the field ? If you need to next season plant a plot screen on that side to block the view of the road. also whats planted in the field? put in a plot screen and plant some clover on the side your stand is on ?You can plant the clover now!!

Last edited by MUZZY 100; 09-15-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Spike

Season started. Today. I mean. I can move into the trails. About 100-200 yards away. But they aren't scared of a road. Right? If they are use to it
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

No the road wont scare them if the are used to it, but if they ever get shot at from road hunters then they might not hang out there very long. I would put another stand deeper into the woods to give you more options..
Old 09-15-2012, 05:30 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

It depends on the cover between you and the road and the other cover available. With no cover, 100 yards is often not enough, but with thick cover, 50 yds is plenty. Sounds like you might be better off moving in a bit on the trails. Put up a day cam. The DPS Truth Cam by Primos will take photos every 20 sec during the day - it only costs about $60.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

It's hard to tell by your description, but you may just have to hunt it and watch where the deer are moving. No harm in trying.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I would probably move back into the trails and catch them coming to that field and water hole. I've seen deer hang in the woods right before dark before coming into an opening like that. Since, your season has already opened up, hunt it and move depending on your experiences. Activity will pick up as the season progresses and it starts getting cooler.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:04 AM
Spike

Private send me a message with yalls email address and send a video of the area an see Wht u guys think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.