Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

stand legs or base

Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Spike

Default stand legs or base

i built my first box stand today. im very good at building stands so ots safe. i build wooden aad metal lean to stands. my question is i have the box built and need to put legs on it or build a base. i have 2 4x4 12 ft, 2 2x8 16 ft and one section of scafolding.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Spike

Really depends how high you want it. Mine is 4ft up on treated 4x4s with 2x4 braces. It was new last season and replaced my elevated box stand. For me 4ft is perfect.
Attached Thumbnails stand legs or base-box-blind.jpg  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Spike

mines not that nice although i made it on a small budget i will build some nice ones
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Spike

My brother built that one for me. A little over done i'll admit but it should last for long time. Good luck with yours.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of our elevated box blinds are from 6' to 10' off the ground, these are all prefabricated and assembled on site. Recently we decided to raise an existing box blind about 4' off the ground. I made a platform using 4'x4' legs (4) and a platform consisting of 4x6's as the frame. All pressure treated pine. I used HD screws to put it together. It is certainly stout. We used a fork-lift sort of contraption attached to a farm tractor's front end loader to lift the box into place. I used metal straps to attach the box to the frame. The frame legs are set about 18" in the ground. Worked great.