Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me estimate deer score

Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, it appears to be the same deer from different angles. Front vs back view. I am not try'n to take anything away from anyone or the animal, but I bet when he's on the ground he will have a lot of ground shrinkage. Remember an opinion was asked for and I gave mine right or wrong. It's a good buck but most people see and kill 150's all the time but when you look look in the book their names are not in the book with the score. People over estimate the size of deer. I am guilty of the same thing. Me and my son were hunting in Texas and I saw what I thought was a monster buck. It was footy and the buck was chasing a doe. The buck mysteriously appeared and I had a split second to decide to shoot. Of course I pulled the trigger and dropped him in his tracks. I told my son that I had just killed the biggest deer I had ever seen in the wild. I discovered when I walked upon the deer he was not the giant I had shot at all. He was a 17 1/2 inch 9 pt rack on a 103 pound deer that was chasing a doe in the fog. I have seen several instances where the hunters eyes plays tricks on him. The average hunter has never seen a 150 class buck in real life and cannot judge a deer effectively based on the lack of experience. Just my opinion...
Old 09-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Spike

I would say upwards of 170..great buck with a wall of tines!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Spike

I say 150-160
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Spike

Awesome Buck!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

140-150 is no way. Look at the tines. Those measurements add up. And he looks like he's got good mass, too. I say he goes 168-172 and that's conservative.