Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Another giant found dead. Sad!! >

Another giant found dead. Sad!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another giant found dead. Sad!!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

It's a monster from any angle...and a shame no matter what age or size. Real bummer what has been happening this year!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
That is a shame.

However, I will say that it would be nice if every once in a while you saw a picture in which nobody was trying to manipulate it to look bigger. This old trick about stretching your arms out so that you are far away from the camera but the deer is close to the camera, this trick is just worn out and lame. It looks like that deer's left antler is about 10 inches from the camera.
yeah his arms are out from the elbow down.. but for the most part his arms are at his side.. I know what your referring to but i just dont see it here ?? This deer is massive look at the mass.. What does he have to prove anyways, he didnt shoot it.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

That is a shame.

However, I will say that it would be nice if every once in a while you saw a picture in which nobody was trying to manipulate it to look bigger. This old trick about stretching your arms out so that you are far away from the camera but the deer is close to the camera, this trick is just worn out and lame. It looks like that deer's left antler is about 10 inches from the camera.
i hate it more when people do that with fish they catch! i hold it as close to my body as i can so people can actually get a size reference!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a shame.

Try to imagine a rotted stinking deer head, and you hold it for a pic. and someone says get it closer to you.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its funny that all the head hunters pass on what they think are too small a rack, and then cry when it dies like this, or by a truck, or a million other ways. Thats a nice deer, but dont give a meat hunter crap for killing a 2 1/2 year old buck when he isn't just after the head. Those old sausage bucks are pretty to look at on a wall, but I'd take a yearling for the table any day.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:29 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Sounds like the drought forced these deer to share almost dried up watering holes, concentrating the disease and its spread.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

MKZ that sounds like a reay good theory. Very well cold have happened that way.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hope you don't have CWD down there. It's wreaking havoc on whitetails in southern Wisconsin.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's a dandy
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by warbirdlover
Hope you don't have CWD down there. It's wreaking havoc on whitetails in southern Wisconsin.
CWD still pretty bad in S. WI? I used to go hunting down there years back. Where I hunted was Barneveld, only a few miles from where the disease started. There were a LOT of deer back then.