Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

problem with neighbor

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

It is honestly really pathetic how many people have nothing better to do then harass or annoy someone else.

I've got an ongoing problem with my neighbor, and it is really on my last nerve. I have been nothing but nice and patient with this guy for three years, but that is about to change.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

You could also just wait him out. Yeah it might be aggravating for a while, but people in general tend to be pretty lazy, and not willing to keep it up. Therefore, if you prove to him that no matter how much he persists, you'll still be out there, more than likely he'll stop. Also, gather evidence (like everyone else said), and you said it's a long block you're hunting right? Just go to the other end of it (unless of course his property is in contact with yours the entire length).
Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

hopefully you can fill your tag, if you do id send him some of the meat and make up a story about a deer being bedded up but that his noise scared it right past your stand and you appreciate it lol
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's illegal in Jersey also. Report him the proper Authorities. Don't try to be nice, his kind just don't understand .
Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

As already said talk to the dnr. harassing a hunter is agianst the law and he will get in trouble
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

At 100 yds wide, your property must go 800 yds back. Could be he is an anti-hunter peta type - there are more and more of them and frankly they can not be reasoned with. Another problem you will have, if this is an anti-hunter, is that if you wound a deer and it goes on his property (if it borders all of yours), he can, in many states, not allow you on the property to retrieve or track it. Find a spot out of sight from him, but if he borders all of yours and is an anti-hunter, you might be best to move on due to the inability to retrieve your game, at least for bow and arrow hunting. Gun hunting, at least, usually allows you to drop the deer close. Otherwise, bow hunt your property that does not border his. You might want and need to move on to some public land or invest in a bigger chunk of land elsewhere. Or get in some lease situation. I seriously doubt much legally can be done.

Neighbors can be difficult. Mine bait to the hilt, perhaps in excess, and often wreck my hunt. So I have put in some food plots and have made my property a refuge - hopefully they will simply push the deer over. Also, a good rule of thumb is to not let others know where and how you hunt - neighbors and others always seem to find a way to mess it up! You have to do what you can. In your case, with your limited land, it may be that not much may be done.

Last edited by MZS; 09-17-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I don't think you mentioned all your problems

How does he even know where you are hunting on "your" property? For me, he would never see me on the property line. Especially, if he had a good deer population on his side.