HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   King's Buck being scored by B&C in Sept! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/370185-kings-buck-being-scored-b-c-sept.html)

schooter 08-31-2012 05:41 AM

King's Buck being scored by B&C in Sept!

B&C is going to Officially score Kings buck as a Typical in Sept. Here is the the link:
http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/de...&rid=192150553

Being from western WI this is going be great to have the World Record back in WI. Plus the next VP of the US.

TeamWiscoUNIT61 08-31-2012 06:15 AM

That is some buck. Gotta love the mississippi river valley!

deernutz 08-31-2012 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank god finally. I've been arguing this for awhile now. Growing up in WI I was furious about the matter. I even did some investigating of other records scored in the past and found discrepancies. Like the buck Petrzilka buck that had the same antler configuration as the king buck but was scored as a typical. Glad to see this is finally happening.

Arkansasmountainman 08-31-2012 05:02 PM

That is awesome!! That deer deserves the recognition

snapper1982 08-31-2012 05:51 PM

well if you all are wanting common based points to be scored typical then the wayne zaft buck should be the world record typical with a bow. the one thing i disagree with in it all is that it is up to each individual scorer to decide. the point in question appears to come more off the inside of the rack and not directly off the top in line with the others. if he is deemed typical by the panel and so scored great but if not then ok

Topgun 3006 08-31-2012 06:10 PM

That point in question comes off the main rack and is just real close to the G2 because of the great mass on that beam! To have not scored it as a typical right from the getgo tells me there are a lot of politics and shenanigans going on in the B&C organization!

Topgun 3006 08-31-2012 07:03 PM

RR---The decision was already made to score it as a typical 12 pointer. If they were going to do it the way you said, they wouldn't need to because it was already officially done that way and it was in the 180 area.

Gimpy 09-01-2012 05:14 AM

Good news.

snapper1982 09-01-2012 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3968467)
The zaft buck last I read was classified as a pick-up, he recovered the rack 2 weeks after he shot it.
and B&C rules state for a point to be typical, it must come off top dead center of the main beam.
RR

yep that is what it says and if you look at pics of the king buck in all demensions you will see that the point in question on the king buck not only has a common base with the g-2 it also is centered to the inside and not directly off the top.

this is an issue of a lot of people having different opinions of what a non typical point is.

no doubt if the panel decides to score it as a typical there will be a new world record.

snapper1982 09-01-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3968783)
Not wanting to take anything away from that buck, because its an absolute giant, but
In my way of thinking, its impossible for a point that shares the base with another point to be considered typical, make sense?
RR

yes you are correct and that is the issue here. most people do not agree with it and say they are typical point when they are not. they are non-typical points. and even though it is being said the deer is going to panel and will be scored typical that is not true til it is done. the rack is going panel and then the panel before scoring will decide together if it is typical or not. it is the same with every rack that goes panel. the zaft buck went from 206 to 173 because the panel ruled points were non typical. the lovstein buck(albia buck) and the beatty buck both lostmany inchs because the panel ruled and scored different than the original scorers. there are a few deer in the records with common base point that shouldnt be there but that is mostly because they were never panel scored.

snapper1982 09-01-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3968467)
The zaft buck last I read was classified as a pick-up, he recovered the rack 2 weeks after he shot it.
and B&C rules state for a point to be typical, it must come off top dead center of the main beam.
RR

and the zaft buck is tagged and was in the pope and young records. he went to panel to verify the score and at panel they decided that the right tine originally scored as the g-3 was actually a non-typical tine because it had a common base with the g-2. ( exactly the same as the king buck) and therefore when they rescored the zaft buck he came out to a 173 incher. at which point Wayne did not agree and asked pope and young to pull his name. interesting enough the zaft buck was accepted into the canadian record book at 206

Beamer01 09-01-2012 07:01 PM

According to definition it is non-typical. They need to standardize the system more and not leave it to discretion. Either way, it is a great rack.

golfpro261 09-02-2012 08:04 PM

Congrats for Johnny!

I used to work with his wife and he's a great guy!

BarnesX.308 09-03-2012 06:30 AM

you will see that the point in question on the king buck not only has a common base with the g-2 it also is centered to the inside and not directly off the top.
If it has a common base with the G2 (which is typical), wouldn't that mean it's growing out of the same spot? Common base. :s4:

snapper1982 09-03-2012 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 3970203)
If it has a common base with the G2 (which is typical), wouldn't that mean it's growing out of the same spot? Common base. :s4:

yes. if you look at the points. inbetween them they do not come all the way down to a level line on the main beam

Topgun 3006 09-03-2012 09:05 AM

"no doubt if the panel decides to score it as a typical there will be a new world record."

Have you guys not read the article? The Club has already had 3 dozen of their higher ups decide that the rack is a typical 6x6 with no abnormal points and the rack is going to be scored that way. The panel that scores it is being told to do it that way and when they do it will break the Milo Hansen record book buck by several inches if the numbers being given out on the initial scoring of it are close to what it is now. This panel is doing nothing but coming together to score it as a 6x6!!!

snapper1982 09-04-2012 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3970675)
nope haven't read it, but if what your saying is true, then it goes against everything I've ever read about how panel scoring goes.
The panel's main job is to discuss and decide how a rack needs to be scored, just like I stated before, the top 2 non-typicals switched places in the ranks just because 2 different panels judged them differently. however a non-typical point is a non-typical point no matter who measures it. If a point shares a base with another point it is a fork, therefore its non-typical. if a point does not come off top dead center of the main beam it is non-typical, so if they let this one slide it may or may not unseat the hanson buck, however it would bring on mass protests from other racks owners that are way down in the books due to the same discrepensies, and would result in totaly rewriting the record books in every category.
RR

spot on buddy. the panel is brought together to discuss, rule on and then score the rack. there is not to be any outside influence. i hope if they do this that wayne zaft shoves his buck in there to be scored typical.