Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hi everybody

Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default Hi everybody

Hi I am Stequin and I am from Mexico. I am here to learn about successful hunting tips. I want to hunt different types of animals and so I also wanted to know that which type of gears are best for hunting.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Spike

Default Welcome

Welcome to the site, there's alot of good info on here. As for the gear it pretty much depends on what game you want to hunt. The basics start with the weapon that's legal in your state and season, a knife, rope, deer drag, pack of some sort, camo and hunter orange clothing, and boots will get you started. Check each of the forums and you'll find more specific answers for whatever species you want to hunt.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hi Stequin, I almost didn't comment because I know nothing about hunting in Mexico, but then realized that you meant NY.
Without getting specific I can tell you that there are alot of helpful tools. One of the best is HuntingNet.com!!!
You don't need all the best gizmos & gadgets to be a successful hunter and let me clarify what dictates a successful hunter. It is someone who puts enough effort into it, who can learn from mistakes and does it in a safe, respectable, and ethical manner! Yes, harvesting an animal is what it's about, but it's not a competition and every animal you take is a trophy!
Like hunter177 said, check out the different forums, some of your question may be laid out for you already and if you have questions, ask away( just be a little more specific).
Good luck!
Have you ever hunted before?