Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Should this bother me?/need to vent >

Should this bother me?/need to vent

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should this bother me?/need to vent

Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Huntinyoung, Im glad you told me that. Im not originally from mississippi so i dont rele know all of the rules about baiting and what not, i have never hunted over it but i do like it for camera use preseason, Ill be sure to quit putting out corn on the ground! I guess i figured that if it aint illegal to have it out during season they wouldnt mind it being on the ground. OOPS. ha.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

You state that it was a spot that you never sat before and you put salt out when you left for the summer. What was that 3 months ago?

Perhaps the salt was all used up when he put out his bait and camera and had know idea it had been there or that you planned to return months later. Maybe this was a spot he has hunted before.

If he is breaking the law with the stand a 4 wheeler thats one thing but don't assume that spot was all yours for the taking.

That being said he could be a jagoff and I feel your pain with having to hunt public land.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

the salt wasnt gone, the fact that he didnt know it was there is impossible because there is a fairly good size hole in the ground where the deer have dug it up. his corn is in a circle around the hole so im pretty sure he knew it was there. And you are totally right about me assuming that the spot was MINE. I know that sharing spots is part of public land and im not upset about that. I was more frustrated that he just put his camera over the lick i had put out... Just a little up or down the ridge and i woulda thought nothing of it.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never leave anything or leave any trail I've been on any public ground.
If you do your just giving away any work you've put in finding deer to anyone who wants it and they are free to do so.

Kick yourself, never do it again and move on.

It isn't your land, simple as that. That guy has every right to use whatever brains he has to find the deer on that property. He's probably posting on another site his side of the story.