Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Should this bother me?/need to vent >

Should this bother me?/need to vent

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should this bother me?/need to vent

Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

I would change spots and let it go, right after I reported his ATV use and lockon stand if they are violating the law.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
ive got a couple of suggestions. One would be leave the guy a note, with your cell number and ask him to call you. Get him on the phone and tell him you know its public land but since youve both taken a liking to same spot, possibly you could work together rather than possibly mess up each others deer season, work out times where each of you could hunt it, who knows you might end up with a good hunting buddy out of the whole thing.

other option would be to map out where and when hes going to come in and try and use him as a driver, set up some spots down wind that he may push the deer he spooks as he comes in.
^^

Slob hunters that follow predictable patterns are often a good thing if you use them correctly. They serve as 'bumpers' that bucks move around. Figure out which route they're taking to avoid the slob and set up on that route. It's worked for me in the past on public land.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take the camera off the tree from behind while wearing some throw away clothes and lay it on the ground with your face covered up and let it take a pic of the brown eyed monster puking, then leave it for him to pick up and clean. Then pull out your stand and salt lick after reporting his ATV and lock on.

Last edited by SecondChance; 09-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to public land hunting.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Help out the state and take down all violating stands and camera equipment left out. If no one claims it, I am sure you may have rights to it.

Lost and found
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by golfpro261
Help out the state and take down all violating stands and camera equipment left out. If no one claims it, I am sure you may have rights to it.

Lost and found
Fantastic advice. It is public property right? There are rules. And deepsouthdeerjunky is part of the public so he has rights to things illegally put on public land, right?

OK.

The streets are public land. I am a part of the public. If I see a vehicle on the street illegally can I just take it and if no one claims it I will have rights to it?

Something - some crazy little thing inside of my head - says that I will be arrested.

Last edited by uncle matt; 09-02-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say the options are 4.

1. Move to another area. (What is going to happen once you both appear in the same area to actually hunt? I don't envision happiness that day)

2. Speak to the guy and work this out. Tell him of the legalities of his activities. let him know you don't want to possibly take any heat for it should LE come around.

3. Inform LE and request that they handle it.

4. Stop hunting.

DON'T BE SILLY! SCRATCH #4!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'd report him. I think the new MS feeding law says you can't put corn on the ground anymore without a Camera Survey Permit(without one it has to be in some kind of feeder). You may be able to get him with that.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
As Predate said, the best method for public land is get where no one else goes, the deer will shop up their once pressured. -Jake
I hunt 99% of the time on PL. I may see another hunter 2-3 times a year. I harvest a deer or pass on the harvest every year.

Off the beaten track serves me well.

Good luck!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

first i would go talk with the GW and keep calling till he does something about it but If the GW wont do anything about it when you here his atv come in go let all the air out of his tires and later take his illegal stand down and leave it at the bottom of the tree.The next time i would take a tire off and hide it off in the woods..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.