Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Just wanted to introduce myself >

Just wanted to introduce myself

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just wanted to introduce myself

Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Spike

Wink Just wanted to introduce myself

Hey guys,

I couldnt see a section here that would be appropriate to introduce myself to all you fellow hunters, so if this is in the wrong spot i apologize and please move it. thanks.

My name is Kevin and I am 25 years old. I currently live in Northern Virginia. I grew up in metro Detroit and moved south when I was 22. I attended Ferris State University and got my degree in cad drafting and tool design.

I started hunting in 2008 with my dad but have been to our family hunt camp many times. I didnt start to hunt until i started to target practice with my dads old bow and I was hooked from there.

I now shoot a PSE Firestorm Lite and the bow is just fantastic. I have yet to get a deer with it but I think this is my year! My first and only deer was with my sister's ex-boyfriends muzzle loader with the picture below.

When I moved down here I was looking for a dog and i was turned on to a German Shorthaired Pointer and was in a shelter. I picked him up and he has been my best friend ever since. I have been working with him to get him into bird hunting (and myself).

Its amazing how this forum comes back to life as deer season approaches. I have been a member since April and there was very little activity here but im glad you are all back!

So there it is, you now know a little about me and I am excited about getting to know all of you!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Well good to have ya here.Nice deer be patient and you will get plenty of deer with your bow.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Spike

Thank you! and i have been being very patient all you can do is put in the hours to get that good shot!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, time in on stand is the way to get it done. You spend enough time practicing and then hunting and you'll be able to kill whitetail regularly. Good to have ya on the forum!
-Jake
Old 08-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to HN Knappk6....Great looking Dog You have there!

Bow Hunting is a timing game,when it all comes together and that Deer is within range it all depends on You to put a good shot on that Deer....I think You'll get-R-done!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome. Great to have you here! I always have Hunting Net in my toolbag and I hope you will as well! You seem like you have a great attitude and enthusiasm! You're on a good path. There is plenty of knowledge, commeraderie, and fun to be had here!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the fourm
Old 08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

I love to see new people get in to hunting! Don't get me wrong, I love to know that there are so many of us who have done it our whole lives, but knowing that people still pick it up later in life is very refreshing. Make sure to have patience and spend as much time in the woods as you can. When I was young, dad told me time and time again that the only guaranteed way to not get a deer with my bow was to not be out in the woods. Looking back, that is the best advice you can get. You will make many mistakes, and you will learn from them. There are certainly more than an ample number of seasoned hunters on here who are more than willing to give advice to all who ask, new and old alike. Season should be kicking off relatively soon in VA, right? Do you use a treestand? They certainly will help your odds with a bow...
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the community, both on here and the hunting community. An older hunter once told me that whitetail hunters are the most bi polar group of people you'll ever meet. I laughed but, there are so many extreme highs and so many extreme lows. You'll miss, you will lose one, and you will take one. The miss, you'll get over and learn from. When you lose one, you will beat yourself up for awhile, but you will learn from it. When you do take one, that is a high that can't be explained. For me, it's very humbling. The quietness that over comes me when I make that recovery is very humbling. I wish you all of this because those experiences are what make a whitetail hunter. I take whitetail hunting a lot more serious than most, I respect them. But I have memories of old every time I am in the whitetail woods, family that have passed that taught me so much, my life, and remembering those deer that I was blessed to be able to take. Good luck and be patient, pay attention to those that teach, including the whitetail. He is the most important teacher.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the forum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.