Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Decent trail cam?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Decent trail cam?

Any recomendations on a decent trail cam around $130-160 I would like at least 8 MP, fast trigger speed and quality night time pics are a must.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always go with Bushnell Trophy Cams, I've always have had real good luck with them. There 2012 HD model from what I've head and read on reviews is one of the best. Just picked one up online for $164 free shipping. There are a couple real good camera review websites that really help out. I'd also post on the trail cam forum, there are some really knowledgable guys that only check that forum to give trail cam help. Also, make sure you get ones that take AA batteries, they are cheaper and you wont go through as many as the D batteries.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Avoid Primos - lots of power up / power down issues in my experience (own 2 of them)
Old 08-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

i use wildgame innovations. they're the cheapest you can get and work pretty well.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Really like the bushnell for the sub$200 cams. If you want one to last, pony up for the reconyx.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Spike

Default For that price - Bushnell Trophy Cam

Ditto on the Bushnell Trophy Cam. 8MP, video and stills, IR at night and one set of 8 batteries lasted me an entire season (10,000 pics) and into this season...I actually just changed them today...

It pays for itself in batteries alone over any camera costing less.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that if you want a cam to last get a reconyx, I have the hc500 and its awesome. It is pricey but worth every penny. For a sub $200 cam I strongly recommend the little acorn 5210a, this little cam has it all. Good price, battery life, great pics and is very durable. If you look at some reviews you will see why. I have been hearing great things about the covert mp6 for about $140. It seems to be a great value for the money even though I don't own one. Scoot
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Down side of wildgame is the slow trigger speed,I use mine on movies and it seems to work better.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

I bought 4 Moultrie Game Spy D-55IRxt trail cams and love them. If you are looking to buy more than one camera, get on ebay and you may be able to buy them as a package deal. I bought the 4 for like 90 dollars a piece. Saved $40 a piece that way..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

I also bought two Moultrie 55's and I love them! It takes 6 C batteries instead of 4 but they last for a little over a month. I think i got mine for $90 as well. Here is one of the night time pics it takes. I have personally had a few very bad experiences with wildgame inovations and will never buy another one of there products. But thats just me... some people love them and they are cheap.

BTW thats my little grower! He's in there everynight right before dark and hangs around for a while. He may be a hoss next year. he's split twice on his left side.
Attached Thumbnails Decent trail cam?-485.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.