Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting for Deer.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:44 PM

Default Baiting for Deer.

Well, here in NC it is legal. I just got back a little earlier from putting up my stand. Next Saturday is the opener and I would like to keep the deer coming in to the area. I put out 300 lbs of corn and 50lbs of deer chow covered with molasses. I know if I were a deer where I would be having dinner tonight. Since it is legal I don' t feel that it is unethical. What are some of your opinions? I know one thing for sure. It will be hard to no go back before next Saturday and check the buffet.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Baiting for Deer.

hey Smitty I' m from the province of quebec..we are aloud to bait..i don' t see anything wrong with it my self..Good luck on your hunting
Old 09-06-2003, 07:53 PM

although it is legal it still seems unethical to me. thats not hunting, its killing.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is I am proud that Minnesota does not allow baiting.

How many hunts on those hunting shows are from MN. Not many
Old 09-06-2003, 08:25 PM

I will not get into ethics but will offer my opinion

If your deer season consists of setting up one stand and loading it with corn. I think you are missing out on 90% of what hunting is about.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:25 PM

It' s legal here in Washington, but I dont practice it. The day that I cant find an area that deer frequent will be the day I quit hunting. Legal or not, I think it' s unethical. You do realize you just opened a very large Can-O-Worms here dont you? Be prepared, you have been warned!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:31 PM

Rack-Attack, this is only one honey hole on 1100 acres. Not to mention 2 other locations. I' m sorry, how long did you say that you have been hunting?
Old 09-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

This is a subject that really cracks me up, I hunt in Texas and we are aloud to
bait, I have to admit I do feed. The funny thing is most people who say they are
against it hunt gaint feeding areas. Example, fields with corn, grass, hay, peanuts, soybean and all other types of fields are nothing more than a giant baiting area. Also for those who don' t hunt the actual fields, they normally hunt the same trial that the deer travel going to the feeding area. I know there are some people that don' t hunt these methods, however most hunters do. I do hunt a feeding source, but I know that I spend countless hours in the stand " HUNTING" for the buck of my life time.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rack attack your percentages were off.

1100 acres per 35 yard radius. I would say it is less than 1 percent hunting and 99 percent missing out on the joy of hunting. I do understand that the percentage maybe higher because that 1100 acres is not all woulds. I myself would not sit in the open field and bowhunt. Are we talking bowhunting?

Tex I have seen you say this before. We who do not feed deer go and hunt corn fields and sit under oaks and make food plots.

This is a right and left issue and we hunters play to both sides.

As I said before I am glad my state of MN does not allow it and recently updated the law so it clearly defines what baiting is. I have yet to see it but I hope they DID clearly state what baiting is.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:58 PM

I too believe that baiting is no different than hunting other food sources, and it definitely isn' t easier. Some people suggest that it' s like shooting fish in a barrel, but that couldn' t be farther from the truth. It' s just another hunting method. Corn pile, clover plot, acorn ridge, bean field, it' s all just huntin' . I like to try ' em all.
If its legal then go for it!

For those who think it' s unethical....get a grip....get a life....hunters need to stick together.....the antis think the whole sport is unethical......[]

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->

Quick Reply: Baiting for Deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.