HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What do you sit on? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/368530-what-do-you-sit.html)

MZS 08-15-2012 05:12 AM

For blind hunting with a bow, I use a large poly tree container with a round plywood piece fastened to the bottom. With the plywood, it supports me fine. It is the right height for bow hunting and with a rope attached at two points it doubles as a bucket to carry blind material, pine boughs for camo, etc. I also use this bucket when gun hunting from behind natural cover or tree. For a permanent blind gun hunting, I use any old chair with a back, making sure it is at the proper height for shooting - preferably a chair that does not creak when I move. For hunting on a slope, I use a wood plywood seat attached to iron pipe with pipe flange that I may stick into the ground straight - this is nice in that I may swivel around and I am sitting straight up.

edgecam 08-16-2012 05:42 PM

I use a bucket seat out of an old ford van. I built a platform out pf 2x12 and bolted the seat to it. It still has the recliner in it so you can lay back if you need to.

PREDATE 08-17-2012 03:41 AM

I just sit back on my haunches. I can move around in the blind much more freely without a seat in my way. If I'm there for more than 6hours then I need to take a knee.

PREDATE 08-17-2012 03:42 AM

..........wait for it.........

PREDATE 08-17-2012 03:42 AM

.......waaaait foor it.......

PREDATE 08-17-2012 03:44 AM

no not really!! if I hunted out of a land fort I'd atleast have a hammock and a pillow!LoL! Heh,Heh,Heh!

jeanshumake 02-16-2018 09:54 AM

Hey misc, can anyone recommend a good office chair for 10-12+ hours of use? I want to buy a good quality chair and so far, I have run through some of the cheap $150-$200 chairs

Oldtimr 02-16-2018 10:15 AM

I sit on a swivel folding chair in my permanent tree stand. For those of you using a 5 gallon bucket, you might want to try a lawn tractor tire inner tube that is less than fully inflated. When I hunted ducks out of a barnegat bay sneak box for ducks you sit on the floor of the boat and the only thing we found really comfortable for sitting for hours on the floor of the boat with your legs stretched out in front of you was a lawn tractor inner tube. It cannot be fully inflated thugh because it will become uncomfortable, you want it inflated just enough that it gives but doesn't allow the top to touch the bottom of the tube.

flags 02-16-2018 10:27 AM

I sit on my butt. Thought everyone did.

Champlain Islander 02-16-2018 11:16 AM

Some in other areas far... far away sit on their haunches. I am sure in your travels flags you have seen that first hand.:patriot: