Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
greenig land and cattle outfitter >

greenig land and cattle outfitter

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

greenig land and cattle outfitter

Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Spike

hey deer king i got the contract. i sent u a private msg earlier asking you some questions. did you recieve it.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck guys. What was not brought up was the fact that you get to enjoy the chance to kill a true throphy deer. Something that you possible don't get a chance at back home.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hancock is a real good county and your going at one of the best times in Illinois. The rut should just be starting and deer should be chasing pretty good. I'll be taking my week vacation starting the 6th of November. Its the time of year when rattling, grunting and bleet calls can all work so it make it a little more fun.

I have to think the youngster that was bad mouthing you probably grew up in a small town and has the time and resources to either knock on doors or talk to the people over the course of time to get permission to hunt. Some of us die hard hunters live in large towns and cities and don't have the resources to explore by taking road trips, explore small towns, knock on doors and hope one out of a 100 pay off. It's not financially sound to spend so much money of gas, hotels, etc when you can lease or use an outfitter. I'm sure every hunter out would rather have there own land to hunt on, but with the price of land its not possble for most. I am lucky enough to have met a good buddy (actually on this site) who lets me hunt his property but if he didn't I'd have to lease or use an outfitter. I wouldn't want to, but I'm going to do everything I can to hunt. As long as its not high fence I'm happy for anyone who shoots a deer, buck or doe. I'd rather not have leases out there but thats the way the hunting world is now and its not changing. Plus, with the horrible crop season in the Midwest farmers are really going to be hurting financially so instead of this year thinking it of a lease, think of it as really helping farmers out for the privledge of hunting their land.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Spike

Question greenig land and cattle

i'am thinking about doing a hunt with them talked to Tom at the Lansing show. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Spike

Default Greenig Land and Cattle?

Ok, read all the posts, but nobody ever commented about how their experience was with Greenig - can anyone please comment, am planning on going this year Nov1
Old 09-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Spike

I have ground in KS we are ranching community we take in hunters both in state & out of state, the money we make is what keeps are deer herd healthy !!! we have lots deer that could be harvested for free , cull bucks, does that are out of production !!!we take in hunters to help with the finances & give us extra money!!! For outstate hunters think of the cost of driving to fill feeders, cameras, putting up stands !!! yes I understand the point that your making mo hunter , but its not hunters buying hunts that are making it hard to find a place to hunt its the realtors that selling land at inflated prices to outstate hunters who want a place to hunt !!! Makes it hard for landowners to buy more ground !!! Most not all are people that have money to throw around !!!They have no concept of what it to takes to to take care of a place they throw up feeders, hunt on fence line's, kill young deer ,wound deer and not recover them !!! kick all livestock off the ground !!! I rather see a rancher or farm make money so he can manage a farm than big money realtors selling ground that we cant afford because it the price is recreational not feasible!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Spike

Default ask for references

if you ask for references before you book a hunt both successful and not !!! they have a Facebook page there are some reviews id check with those people !!! looks like they have some nice deer !!! remember these people know their deer ask them where to hunt, believe them any outfitter worth there salt wants you to kill a deer !!! what I hate is when hunters think they know more about your deer that we do !!!THE OTHER THING IS PUT IN HOURS IN THE STAND NOT THE LODGE!!!THATS WHAT MY PET PEAVE IS!!!hunt at least three days in the first stand they put you in !!!jumping around gives less chance you will see the deer they have pics of!!! remember those old bucks you don't get pics !!!Let them put in the stand where you can kill a deer !!! Guides know there deer!!!hunt mid day when others are in the lodge!!!