Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

muzzy vs rage

Old 08-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Spike

Default muzzy vs rage

I shoot muzzy broadheads but i have never shot a deer with them. I love the way they fly and everything about them i shoot 100 grain 3 blade broadheads but my friend shoots rage and he says he likes them i was wondering which one is better for killing deer sooner.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Both work fine with a well placed shot
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

I personally like muzzy broadheads.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

both work well. Ive killed deer with both. I got tired of replacing o-rings and just worrying if they would open on a deer (rage). You could use rage if your set-up allows it. wouldnt use them on anything less than a 60# bow. Muzzy's are time tested and proven, there cheap too!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Spike

i used muzzys and rage. Muzzy is a good traditional fix blade and ppl have been killing deer for years with them! But you ussually have to do some fine tuning to make them fly like you want them to. (which i enjoy doing anyway) but i switched to rage 4 years ago and i honestly do not have one complant about them besides maybe the price... they blow huge holes in animals. and lets face it things happen out there and no matter who you are you r going to make a bad shot at some point (if you hunt and shoot at enough deer/animals). I choose rage bc no matter where you hit them they r gonna bleed for you and that is critical to a recovery of an animal. Idk if you ever gut shot a deer with a muzzy but in 5 mins that hole is cloted. deer blood clots 7 times faster then humans so i like to putch a whole in em. good luck!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

I use them both and both will kill fast with good shot placement. The rage does open 'em up and give you a crazzy blood trail.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got guys I hunt with have used 100 gr. or 125 gr. Muzzies for decades with absolute great success ion deer and feral hogs.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Both are good heads. I have shot both and killed deer with both. The downfall of the muzzy is having to line them in b/c theyfly low and left out of my bow, my rage fly just like my field tips. I don't like to change stuff with my bow but some people do. It's a matter of preference IMO.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Spike

I shoot a 45 pound bow so will that affect which one is better
Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

If your bow is set at 45lbs, I would go with a very sharp Muzzy. As for the Rage, which what I prefer, I am lucky enough to have a wonderful bride who is a dental hygentist, take those small bands that are used on your kids braces, stretch them over the head and place the at the smallest part of the head, just where the joint is on the broadhead. This will prevent any concern of opening to soon. The bands will never effect flight, and they open perfect on impact. I have used this tactic for a couple years with no adverse side effects. I know a couple deer that would complain, but oh well (:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.