Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!! >

Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2003, 06:58 AM

Default Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!!

Alirght, I am part of a crop damage permit so it' s not actually hunting season here in MD. This is the second doe I' ve taken. I saw some does out in the field last night and couldn' t decide between my bow or my shotgun. I grabbed the shotgun just to be safe, after all, I' m not " hunting" per se but thinning the heard. So I thought it was more responsible to take the shotgun.

So it' s a light rain (which was nice, it covered my sound) and I' m sneaking through the edge of the woods and get to about where I think the deer are in the field. I see a fawn on the edge of the field and I get behind a big pine. The fawn comes into the woods and beds down 30 yds away!!!! So I wait, and a big doe starts coming down the same trail off the field. I get my gun ready and she stops 20 yds away, BANG!!!!! She takes off. So I go over to where I had shot at her and I see another doe, she' s sneaking through the woods checking me out. She gets out from behind a root ball and BANG!!!!!! I got her right in the shoulder. Now I can' t find any blood from the first one so I start following the trail she took thinking she was running so not much blood.

Long story short I find the second deer, can' t find the first one and I' m kicking myself. I can' t understand why I can' t find her, the wood lot wasn' t very big and I looked everywhere. Finally I go back to where she was standing when I shot and I look at this holly tree and think " What, did that get hit by lightening or something" turns out I shot a perfectly good holly tree instead of the first doe. Didn' t even see it. I' m mad at myself for not making a good shot but relieved that I didn' t loose a hit deer.

Another crop damage tag filled.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...when I posted that a buddy of mine had shot at a deer, then shot at another a few seconds later, I got ripped into by the messiah' s of hunting around here...so if people might get on your case if you don' t have a solid reason for shooting at one deer and then another without finding the first. This is just fair warning.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:01 PM

Congrats Solax Wish I had the opportunity I still have to wait for 26 more days
Old 09-06-2003, 07:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-07-2003, 08:30 AM

Congrats to you

Helping farmers thin the herd is great of you.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:55 PM

Congrats on the doe! It' s nice to see someone who is proud of taking a doe for a change!
Old 09-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

congratulations on you doe but ,
if you would' ve got the first deer , wouldn' t you' ve gotten in a bit of trouble ??? i don' t know much about crop damage hunting so i was just asking

congratulations buddy
Old 09-09-2003, 06:17 AM

Thanks guys.

Whelen, there' s no daily limit on the number of tags you can fill on a crop damage permit. And the landowner has 20 doe tags. It would have been a lot of work to get two deer out of the woods but it would have been two less does on his farm.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool[8D]
Old 09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can also use any weapon of choice 24/7 on crop damage too can you not? Good work, helps keep the hired sharpshooters out.

Quick Reply: Got another doe last night!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.