Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need place to hunt in Kansas City >

Need place to hunt in Kansas City

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need place to hunt in Kansas City

Old 07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Spike

Default Need place to hunt in Kansas City

Hello all! My first year hunting and my first post here . I dunno if I will be shunned for asking, but does anybody have any recommendations for locations to hunt? I found a list on the MDC website, but it is extensive. > 300 locations.....
Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

just find a piece of public timber with a food source nearby. maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Join an area sportsmans club asap and get to know a bunch of people and maybe you'll get asked to go along.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Spike

You may try Amarugia Highlands conservation area I had some sucess there when I first started out. Its just south west of Harrisonville. You can also contact the conservation department they used to have a fold up map with all the conservation lands marked on it with a description of the land on the back acres, type of game and so on. This will aid you in finding land that is close to home.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Spike

Also if you are archery hunting I heard a rumor that Kansas City opened up hunting in some areas like Swope Park may be worth looking into.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to look at the local Conservation Area's close to where You live in Kansas City....lots of Public Land across Missouri.Are You wanting to Bow Hunt or Rifle/Gun Hunt?