HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Input on outfitted hunts in KY/OH/IL (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/365464-input-outfitted-hunts-ky-oh-il.html)

Kbeaner 06-04-2012 04:21 PM

Input on outfitted hunts in KY/OH/IL

My dad wants to book a hunt for us this fall, he wants a good experience without breaking the bank. A good experience with good people is more important than really bagging a huge deer (although that would be nice!) He is looking mostly in the east to try to save a little on fuel costs to get there, but would consider going more west/north if the price is right. So far he has focused on western KY and looked at Jonathan Creek Outfitters, anyone been there or know of them? This will probably be his "once in a lifetime experience" so he wants it to be a good one for us. Thanks for the input.

bhtc53 06-05-2012 04:53 PM

Good enough public land in ohio to go in on your own

whitetail hunter23 06-05-2012 05:58 PM

Good enough kentucky public ground with some real bruisers..if i was you.. I would check out eastern ky...the mountains and bluffs are big, but the big bucks are there, believe me, i have seen some real monsters come out of harlan county..pulaski county... And also check out wolf county...

Kbeaner 06-06-2012 05:21 AM

I forgot to mention that he is semi handicapped and has to get within ~100yrds of stand to walk into it. Public land would be the way to go if he was physically able, and that is how he would wanted to do it years ago. Now he wants a good experience where "we are catered to" just relaxing and hunting to be had. I'll look into eastern KY as well, we are from the mtns of VA so those hills won't be an issue.....he just wanted to hunt a different landscape as well. thanks.

whitetail hunter23 06-06-2012 03:50 PM

your welcome bro.....also please check out land between the lakes and peabody wma

SJAdventures 06-30-2012 10:41 AM

Sent you a PM.

ky wonder 07-05-2012 07:41 AM

i am not a outfitter,

but would be willing to talk with your disabled dad, about the possibility of a central ky (Hart County, Green River) hunting oppurtunity on our private 450 acre farm with great potential.

this place consistanly yeilds great 10-12 pointers each year, with heavy 8 pointers to numerous to count

however i do not cater, but there is a great rustic cabin with gas heat and cook stove with 4 bunks and a fold out leather sleeper sofa.

we have shooting houses set up at various strategic locations for the disabled, or those who want to stay out of the cold and rain,as well as many blinds and tree stands

money will not get you on this farm! but a conversation very well might

pm me

Bocajnala 07-06-2012 02:22 PM

Kbeaner, let us know how this all turns out, and update us on the hunt if he gets to go. It'll be a great story I'm sure.
KYwonder, thanks for doings stuff like that, helping people out is always a rewarding thing! It looks like you've got a beautiful chunk of land there.
-Jake

SJAdventures 07-06-2012 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 3949773)
KYwonder, thanks for doings stuff like that, helping people out is always a rewarding thing! It looks like you've got a beautiful chunk of land there.
-Jake

That's some good stuff right there KYwonder. Extremely nice gesture and my hats off to you bud.

Topgun 3006 07-07-2012 06:55 AM

+1000 on that one and I hope he can work something out. In this day and age there are still lots of good folk out there if you just look around a little bit past all the negative BS that the media puts out!