Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

backpack question?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default backpack question?

This year i'm going to put start bringing a backpack to my stand with all kind of goodies in it! So what do you guys do with the backpack when your up in the stand? Where do you hang it?

Thanks in Advance
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Spike

Just put another hook/bow hanger on the tree and hang it on that. That's what I do.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Spike

I usually tie it to my ladder stand, or when in my climber i leave it on the ground. Im sure to spray it with acorn cover scent everytime i walk in.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Spike

I second the additional bow hanger. Leaving it on the ground might invite some unwanted critters that make noise and possibly nibble on your acorn scented bag haha.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Spike

J hook that screws into tree. Just put it where it's not in your sight or draw if you bow hunt.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I always have 3 hooks (or tree steps) at every stand. One for my bow, one for my quiver and one for my backpack. The backback is at about shoulder height on the side of the tree so I can get in it easily when standing.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Like most, I have the extra hook up in my tree stand.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

i use an extra hook too.....my backpack has goodies in it, food, my canteen, gear, calls, extra clothing, so no point in leaving it at the bottom or hauling it up and down, just hang it on a hook in reach.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm lucky... My Rivers Edge 17' ladder stand has a larger/longer platform with a fold up seat,I simply take my back pack off and tuck it under the seat and everything is within reach and I also have 2 side saddle bags on it to store snacks,apples,water and grunt call etc...!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put two gear hooks on all my stands or at least have a limb cut of and leave about 5 inches to hold my bag. You can usually pick up gear hooks that are rubber coated for less than a buck a piece. I used to put my backpack under my seat on my hang ons and ladders but I like to have all my gear accessible. The less movement to get your grunt, range finder, water, etc the better. I'd try and keep everything in the same pockets everytime, then when you need your rangefinder or whatever you'll know exactly where it is and not have to dig around. I'm going with a backpack this year with a lot of pockets so I don't have to dig that often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.