Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Moultries Vs. Cuddeback

Old 05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Spike

Primos TruthCam 35

They are rock solid.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

WILDGAME caermas i got an 8migpix for 120$ its IR best pics ever all of my camera are goign to them it takes 8 AA and i get 3-4 months battery and hundreds of pics
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have used Moultrie for the past 5 years or so and last year got two of the M80's and am very impressed so far. Battery life is darn good and night pics are impressive as well. Many options are available as far as cam, video, etc. Price was $115 online. The friends that have cuddeback seem to like them too which is fine, however can save some money going the moultrie route. The only thing is, I read a lot about how bad moultrie's customer service is but luckily i haven't had to find out. I think my next cam is going to be the Bushnell, if I can get over the fact that they don't take as good of night pics as the M80's in my opinion, as far as the IR's lighting up the night.

Last edited by NEBRbruiser; 05-24-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by chammons
Primos TruthCam 35

They are rock solid.
I had three of these, and all three were on the trash heap within a year.
I still have two of the original Cuddeback's and one "capture", All three work great.
You can find the Capture model on clearance at any Bass Pro store for around $100 right now.
I also have Nine Moultrie's of varying models. I like the additional features the Moultrie's offer compared to the Cuddeback's. The newer Moultrie's have better battery life, but still lack the trigger speed the Cuddeback's have. I have never found a camera with a faster trigger speed than the Cuddeback's.
I use the Cuddeback's on trails because of the faster trigger speed, but if your going with a setup on a food plot, scrape, mineral site, ect. save yourself some money and go with the Moultrie.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

As for me I 'm done with cuddeback. They lasted 2 -2 1/2 years. Not enough for 200 bucks. I went with Moultrie 80 9 months ago and good camera so far, time will tell. I also went with a Rconyx 500. The Moultrie works as well execpt battery life. Most cams are nice, but how long will they last?How long a camera lasts is what makes it a good cam or not.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

I've been using my moutlrie i40 for going on 5 years now. Display is out on it but i just leave it and put new batteries in every few months. great cam. its bigger than the ones now days but can pick the i40 up for about $100 on ebay since they are older. I'd still go with the M 80 for $115.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by whitetail94
i love my cuddeback, takes great pic, fast, good battery life, i couldn't be happier with them.
How fast is the cuddebacks? I currently use a Stealth Prowler that I bought in 09 and currently debating on a new one. My stealth has a slow trigger time so sometimes I end up with some blank pictures.. I love the movie mode however.. Thanks..