Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How much per acre for a lease....? >

How much per acre for a lease....?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much per acre for a lease....?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Default How much per acre for a lease....?

there's 120 acre parcel that i'm thinking about leasing.........just not sure what the going rate is per acre........?

Need some help / input...

thanks guys!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

SE Alabama - may not mean squat for up that way .... Lease asking prices have dropped significantly around SE Alabama. I am in a group of 15 guys that leases 3150 acres what I'd refer to as "good" habitat for $8.50/acre, with a $.25 automatic escalation/year and a cap of $10/acre. This is a self renewing lease with a mutual cancellation clause of 24 mon. notice. Lease includes rights to property owner's old farm house that is about 2500 sq. ft. that has all utilities (elec., gas, water) connected. I know of one particular hunting lease to an old "plantation" of 8000 acres of superb deer habitat that runs only $150,000 !!!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
SE Alabama - may not mean squat for up that way .... Lease asking prices have dropped significantly around SE Alabama. I am in a group of 15 guys that leases 3150 acres what I'd refer to as "good" habitat for $8.50/acre, with a $.25 automatic escalation/year and a cap of $10/acre. This is a self renewing lease with a mutual cancellation clause of 24 mon. notice. Lease includes rights to property owner's old farm house that is about 2500 sq. ft. that has all utilities (elec., gas, water) connected. I know of one particular hunting lease to an old "plantation" of 8000 acres of superb deer habitat that runs only $150,000 !!!

good ole bama
I went to Wallace State in Hanceville / Cullman back in 1989-90...played golf on their team.....It's been sooooooooooo long since i was down there.......Heard and finally seen the pics of the town after it was hit by last years Tornado...

Last edited by RT1; 05-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it all depends on where you are hunting. I'm sure near Kalamzoo prices for leases are pretty high. I know I've driven through that area on the way to less favorable hunting ground in the Northern LP and seen some very nice bucks. In Illinois, its tough to find a lease under $20 an acre and many are a lot more. If you look though at some southern areas where the deer aren't as big they and in the single dollars. It also depends on the type of ground and percentage of ag/woods. If you give us a general location and what the ground is like I'm sure we can help.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep - RT1 - the out break ripped though here was absolutely unbelievable. Pictures do not come close to relaying the damage. I assisted in relief efforts in the west Jefferson Co. area and around Tuscaloosa area. Imagine a 1/2 to 1 mile wide dozer blade staying on the ground for 5 to 50 miles at a whack. I magine 10 or so such dozeers scattered across central Alabma doing their own thing. Hackleburg, Cullman, Shoal Creek, Tuscaloosa, etc. It was beyond description.

When there is enough force of the wind to rip down a 100 yard long steel framed railroad bridge and toss it aside like so many "pick-up" sticks, that ls some kind of power. Folks in the direct path of those F3-F5's stood little or no chance. It amazes me that anyone survived at all in some of the areas where I brought in supplies.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Yep - RT1 - the out break ripped though here was absolutely unbelievable. Pictures do not come close to relaying the damage. I assisted in relief efforts in the west Jefferson Co. area and around Tuscaloosa area. Imagine a 1/2 to 1 mile wide dozer blade staying on the ground for 5 to 50 miles at a whack. I magine 10 or so such dozeers scattered across central Alabma doing their own thing. Hackleburg, Cullman, Shoal Creek, Tuscaloosa, etc. It was beyond description.

When there is enough force of the wind to rip down a 100 yard long steel framed railroad bridge and toss it aside like so many "pick-up" sticks, that ls some kind of power. Folks in the direct path of those F3-F5's stood little or no chance. It amazes me that anyone survived at all in some of the areas where I brought in supplies.
i was in a hurricane in Florida sometime back.........we didn't evacuate........amazing the power / energy that came with it.
I really can't put it into words.
Sometime i will go back.
Roll Tide!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fastetti
I think it all depends on where you are hunting. I'm sure near Kalamzoo prices for leases are pretty high. I know I've driven through that area on the way to less favorable hunting ground in the Northern LP and seen some very nice bucks. In Illinois, its tough to find a lease under $20 an acre and many are a lot more. If you look though at some southern areas where the deer aren't as big they and in the single dollars. It also depends on the type of ground and percentage of ag/woods. If you give us a general location and what the ground is like I'm sure we can help.
Yep, location,location,location it all depends on where your atI have seen land by My farm go for around $50 AN ACRE
Old 05-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Spike

i have farms around me without food or cover that people pay $5 per acre, and some great habitat that goes over $20 per acre, close bye, i have turned down over $20 per acre, ($10,000.00)on my 446 acre lonesome hollow farm, from a bunch of big money guys who wanted a private lease.

it was very tempting, but i enjoy letting my family and friends hunt at my discression and would hate to tell them that they could not hunt.

i was eating at a local mom and pop restarunt recently and heard the owner who was holding a small boy that was born with severe issues, the father was talking to his dad, about renewing there lease for this year and after hearing them say that they spent $1200. last year on a 240 acre property,and never saw a thing during turkey,or deer season, and stating that he could not afford it this year i decided to talk to them

they followed me out to look at the farm, i was planting corn at the time, and fell in love with the place, they where both back the next morning and got big toms.

i told them they could hunt here this year, and that while i would not promise them opening weekend i would definatley let them get some good hunting in.
they begged me to let them come and do some tractor work as a way of paying me, and i might let them do some bushhogging later on

so there is a possibilty, that if you will talk to a land owner you might be able to get in, where money would not get you in, money is not everything to everybody
Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ky wonder
i have farms around me without food or cover that people pay $5 per acre, and some great habitat that goes over $20 per acre, close bye, i have turned down over $20 per acre, ($10,000.00)on my 446 acre lonesome hollow farm, from a bunch of big money guys who wanted a private lease.

it was very tempting, but i enjoy letting my family and friends hunt at my discression and would hate to tell them that they could not hunt.

i was eating at a local mom and pop restarunt recently and heard the owner who was holding a small boy that was born with severe issues, the father was talking to his dad, about renewing there lease for this year and after hearing them say that they spent $1200. last year on a 240 acre property,and never saw a thing during turkey,or deer season, and stating that he could not afford it this year i decided to talk to them

they followed me out to look at the farm, i was planting corn at the time, and fell in love with the place, they where both back the next morning and got big toms.

i told them they could hunt here this year, and that while i would not promise them opening weekend i would definatley let them get some good hunting in.
they begged me to let them come and do some tractor work as a way of paying me, and i might let them do some bushhogging later on

so there is a possibilty, that if you will talk to a land owner you might be able to get in, where money would not get you in, money is not everything to everybody

WOW......great story...........even great gesture!!!!!!!!!
hat's off to you!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ky wonder

+1 on a great gesture
You got some serious good karma coming back to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.