Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ? >

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Old 08-30-2003, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

What do you do when you are in you are in your stand waiting? I have heard some people read a book, some listen to a walkman, and some will play games. I' m too busy listening and watching to do anything.... sometimes I will watch the birds and squirrels. I have dozed off on occasion.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:01 AM

Default RE: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

I have read a mag or two, sometimes sharpen my knife. If in one of the box blinds, do housekeeping, webs, leaves etc. watch birds, even have had some actually fly right into the blinds, see me sitting there and zoom, gone. If a squirrel is visible, I bark at them getting them excited. I have gotten 2 deer that way, as they cam in to find what was going on. Had a little 4 point walk pass, grunted when his view of me was blocked. He froze, starting looking all over. Figured if there was another buck in the area it had to be bigger than him. Carefully turned and snuck out the way he came in. He was almost shaking with fear. I also check the trees in the timber, expecially any that may be good firewood if their tops are starting to die. Less chance of dozing off if I keep my mind active.
Russ
Old 08-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I spend a lot of time just watching the young deer play and feed around while waiting for a nice buck.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pray,Think of the past,and what could of been. in my life including every aspect. Think of Nam, Wonder about the future and death.Cant wait to see my grandmothers and dads and my buddies. AND of course day dream of that 180 booner. And eat pizza
Old 08-30-2003, 11:18 AM

I think of the wonder of creation and the God that made everything, including me. God must be great. He made deer, and gave them just the right combination of smarts and senses to confound the best of dedicated hunters.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats the best part....sitting there...relaxing....not worrying about anything else in the world....watching all the other animals around....peace and quiet....imagine deer coming out where i think they will and letting the anticipation build up.....but really hunting to me is about getting away from life....its a time to clear my thoughts and leave everything behind and just enjoy the beautiful day.....seeing the game im after and harvesting game just makes it so much sweeter......
Old 08-31-2003, 09:52 AM

I pay attention.
I' ve always heard that the difference between a great stand and a bad stand can be merely 100 yards.
I pay attention and don' t want to miss a thing.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:25 PM

Great question,

That depends on the weather, if its sunny, I write, take notes try to see if I can add notes to the books I want to write, I also reflect on the creation that God has allowed us to enjoy, the animals, sunsets, sunrises. I am thankful that I can enjoy the great outdoors, and thank the Lord for that. If its raining, then I pray and wait.....

Dr. Mike
Old 08-31-2003, 01:45 PM

i usually read a magazine or a book or if i got homework, i try to do that if nothing' s moving
Old 08-31-2003, 01:58 PM

I just like to kick back and watch the show nature has to offer.

Quick Reply: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.