Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ? >

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Old 10-24-2003, 11:00 PM

Default RE: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

SCRIDER1 say' s it good.

I fondle my .................................................. ...........................................nope my .308

Troy
Old 10-25-2003, 08:39 AM

Old 10-25-2003, 08:42 PM

always carr my cell phone in case of an emergency; i sometimes put it on mute and play the few games it has built in, seems to work very well for me; but I think its time to get a new cell, the games are getting too easy.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

Sat. I passed it by watching all the flight geese go by.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I take Louis L' Amour paperbacks along. They take absolutely no extra brain activity to follow and keep track of what is happening. Your brain continues to monitor the activities of nature around you. Like someone else said...90% of the time your ears alert you to changes around you. It just helps to pass the time between looks through the binos.
Brian
Old 10-26-2003, 08:07 PM

same thing as you ostdc, cept I' m running out of books of his I havn' t read 4 times! theres still a few out there though so I' m set for another season.
I ussualy pick up the binoc' s and glass everything in sight, munch on whatever is in my pack on brainstorm on how to improve my stand/hunting, or just brainstorm on an improved way to build somthing.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:35 PM

If I' m not seeing any deer, I' m wondering what' s going on at one of my other stands...

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 10-29-2003, 08:05 AM

My late uncle was a game warden in NY. He' d tell how he' d secretly observe bored hunters doing stuff like eating candy bars, smoking, and even shooting their rifles! I try to minimize movement, as I sit on the ground with nothing but natural blinds. I try to sit under pine trees as they are much darker. Anyway, I bring a pocket bible, a pocket radio with headphones, and a crossword book. I' m watching the wind as deer will mostly come from that direction (my uncle also said " He who looks everywhere sees nothing" ). This year I' ve already shot a doe at 60 yds. with my inline, with my radio and headphones on!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 AM

I watch and listen for deer. I don' t want any distractions while I' m hunting, I want to be focused 110%.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: thundermug

What do you do when you are in you are in your stand waiting? I have heard some people read a book, some listen to a walkman, and some will play games. I' m too busy listening and watching to do anything.... sometimes I will watch the birds and squirrels. I have dozed off on occasion.

Quick Reply: What do you do to pass the time while sitting in your stand ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.