Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anti-hunters, anyone have to deal with these guys? >

Anti-hunters, anyone have to deal with these guys?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti-hunters, anyone have to deal with these guys?

Old 08-28-2003, 05:44 PM

Default Anti-hunters, anyone have to deal with these guys?

Well, its about that time of year again, and I am looking for your stories of having to deal with anti-hunters! Again, this is one segment that I am looking forward to putting together.

Several years ago, while hunting deer in the mid-west, I was sitting on my stand on opening morning, it was about 10:00 in the morning, when I first noticed the sirens on the highway just east of my hunting stand, the siren seemed not to move but was stationary. This went on for a half hour, I was getting worried with no movement of the ambulance. I found out later that anti-hunters spiked the road used mostly by hunters and thank goodness no one died, what is so ironic that this ambulance was getting a hunter who was shot, these people are scary and will stop at nothing to stop us from enjoying the outdoors..send your stories to [email protected]

Dr. Mike

Old 08-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anti-hunters, anyone have to deal with these guys?

Just a couple of weeks ago I went out looking and asking some of the locals here in Middlesex/Monmouth county NJ for access/permission to their land to bowhunt.

Most were nice and politely said no thanks, but this one woman went nuts. She said I was disgusting, and that she don' t want to deal with my kind. I should hunt in another state, and leave the poor innocent deer alone. She called me mean and rude, and said I do not belong here...etc etc....

Very immature and rude in my opinion. All she had to say was no, or I don' t believe in it etc....WOW! This was in Colts Neck, NJ
Old 08-30-2003, 11:35 AM

AS you well know the anti-hunting fringe has adopted a crusade mentality when after their agenda. Beware the philosophy being embraced by the social elite. Many folks are jumping on the bandwagon. Remember your hunting rights are protected by local laws and avoid a dangerous confrontation, that' s what their hoping for.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, it is illegal to interfere with a hunter or fisherman in Alabama.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:39 PM

Last turkey season we were set up on some birds in a cut over field next to a dirt road. The field and road are on my property and I did not close the gate behind me. I had a friend from Florida with me and this was going to be his first long beard. Just as the bids were about 60 yards from us we hear and see this chevrolet truck coming down the road with the horn blaring as a bed load of SOB' s were screaming and hollering. Of course the birds took off as fast as they could. The truck then stopped and just sat there honking as the people in the bed still carried on. I had an employee on a four wheeler back towards the gate with a 2 way radio waiting for me to call so he could pick us up. So the first thing I did was call him on the radio to lock the gate and call the game warden on my cell phone. The game warden showed up about a half hour later and of course I had the idiots in the truck standing by. (They had no choice) heehee. In South Carolina it is illegal to harras a hunter. Not only were they charged with that, I got them for trespassing also. There were six of them in the truck and it ended up costing each about 750.00 each. The game wardens in my area have always been great to work with and really stand behind the hunters. Last week I found 2 stands and corn piles (Which one had blood in it where a deer had been shot) on my property and a 4 wheeler trail leading to a certain someone' s house. I have had problems with this indivuals for the past 3 or 4 years. I called the local game warden. He met me at that property and I showed him where the stands were located. He asked for a key to the gate so I gave him a copy and he sat within sight of the stands for 2 days and finaly caught the guy. He sat there to see if this indivual would shoot a deer and sure enough, he shot a doe on a non doe day. The next day, this guys employer whom I know called and asked me if I would drop the charges if his employee promised not to do it again. I told him he had to be crazy after all the late nights and work this guy had cost me not to mention me telling this guy more than once that he had better stay off my land. After 3 or 4 years of trespassing, having my gates pulled up, night hunting and more by this guy, I hope it is finaly over. Next time, I hope I still have the patience to let the law handle these situations but my patience is wearing thin. -- CDH
Old 09-20-2003, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

other than my dad and his wife, i really haven' t dealt with it....i did have a problem at work the other day though....the web page for where i work has this water scene, looks like snow and down here in Fl. we don' t have any...soo the reserve' s manager sent a pic...it was me with a buck, but it had a beer bottle in the pic, so we took that out and it was ready to be put up...this woman went over her boss' s head and sent an email stating though we have hunting, the pic. was not acceptable due to the negative emails and phones calls she' d get....
well wouldn' t you think that educating the ignorant would be better than just ignoring there this is reality.....she sure doesn' t..lost alot of respect for the park service.....i love my job , and i love the park service, but this woman should NOT have the right to decide what stays or goes....we should educate everyone about the wildlife , plants, etc. but leave parts out just to keep the peace...politics[:@][:' (][X(]
Old 09-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Dominant Buck

ARAs and other antis aren' t a big prob here , they mostly abide by the law , with a little guidance from law enforcement ... [>:]

Mostly they stage small vocal protests at public properties , but behave themselves in general . It' s usually peaceful on both sides except for minor jeering . I like seeing the social order being conducted as it should be , it gives all a chance to make their point without being jerks .

I may not agree with their point of view , but I wouldn' t want to deprive them of their right to express themselves . It would be better if they could embrace the concept of compromise though . I' m willing to let them to live in peace , so long as they don' t break the law like those ELF azzholes . Folks like that are no better than Bin Laden in my book , and they should be placed somewhere that has a continuous view of nothing forever . [>:]
Old 09-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have only had 1 run in with a peta type.
It is against the law in TX to interfere with a hunter or fisherman.

Anyway this person was at a party I was at and someone asked me if I had been hunting lately and she overheard the comment and came in charging about how she was disgusted and was agianst hunting and anything to do with the killing of innocent animals.

I let her go on for a bit and just looked down and shut her up with one simple little sentence.

All I said was " they are nice shoes you have on are they leather?"

She said " yes" then stopped and realised what she had been going on about lowered her head and walked away
Old 09-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Aussie-guy ,
you' re my hero !
Ps: I visited western Australia about 100 years ago , Perth-Fremantle area . I got the worst sunburn of my life at Swanbourne . I' ll bet y' all wondered what that funny smell was ...