Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Breaking Things up a little......with paint!! >

Breaking Things up a little......with paint!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Breaking Things up a little......with paint!!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Spike

Default Breaking Things up a little......with paint!!

I should have plenty of time for the smell to die down from the paint. Paint is part of the manufacturing process in many things so I'm hoping I didn't add to the detectability.

I added some tape to the sticks to dull down when things hit together during the installation and take down process and also added some pieces of rubber/neoprene material cut from my old seat covers that I sprayed down with scent killer and hung in the sun for 3 days where the lone wolf folds down. Will dull down that metal on metal clank if I slip and the top falls against the platform.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Hey BLGOODE-You did a great job on your lock-ons.I may just have to try that myself .Normally i just hang them up as is .
Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Spike

I didnt paint anything from my viewpoint. Just painted the bottom areas. I think It will help a tad. Cant hurt.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of the routine maintenance of my ladder stands. climbers, stick-ladeers and lock-ons, I clean them, brush off and rusty areas, re[place any questionable bolts and repaint. Usually during Feb. - March time frame. I use flat "cammo" colors, and no real pattern. Not sure it makes one iota of dfference as far as deer seeing the ladders as something not supposed to be there, and have not noticed any deer spooking at possible residual odors from the paints.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Spike

I didnt paint anything from my viewpoint.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Spike

looks good!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a very good idea....and as You stated it will help the platform from being less detected....You do great work Brian!

One thing I could never understand...all the different trail camera companies and the ladder stand companies all pretty well use "Black" Ratchet straps to secure their cameras or stands to a Tree...why in the World don't they drop a few more cents/dollars and make a Camo Ratchet Strap to hide it from being seen?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Spike

I'm thinking of spraying the straps too but night not.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Nice paint job!!! alot better than my flat brown,green,grey and black strips. I might try the patterns this year!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just how I do it. I live in a woods and leave one hang from a tree. I keep adding to it as I look at it over time. If it hangs a week the stink isn't a problem. One thing I did was add a rubber mat to the base, it's sewed on with camo rope and I left the top black, camo'd the bottom. Keeps my feet warm like a blacktop road does in the sun and also keeps the dirt on my boots from falling. It also keeps me hidden when a deer is under me. I cut up a rubber mat people use to stand on when they work on concrete all day. Seeing through your stand made me think of it.

Yours look great, very nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.