Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Late to the game 11pt buck Wilkes County NC >

Late to the game 11pt buck Wilkes County NC

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Late to the game 11pt buck Wilkes County NC

Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Recipe is for a Salt Lick but we have made up our own Mineral Licks too by adding about 4 different ingredients,it cost a little at first but it makes up a lot more than what You would buy already mixed and it will go further.

Arm & Hammer Salt Lick

You'll need to buy a box or 2 of the Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and 20-40lbs of either Rock Salt,Pellets or even Water Softener Salt.Find a good level spot in the woods where You want to make the Lick where the Deer feel secure and possibly if there's a water source?Take a shovel and dig up a spot 3X3 or 4X4 foot circle,break up the ground fine with the shovel then add 1/2 the box of A & H Super Washing Soda then spread about 20-30lbs of salt on top,then add the rest of the A & H on top of the salt.If we make a new Lick some times we put a little corn or rice bran on top so the Deer find it easier,if its allowed in Your State?

You can add a full box of the A & H then Your salt then another full box on top depending on how much You want to spend?We usually use 1/2 and 1/2 then go back every 3-4 months and refresh the same salt lick depending on how much the Deer are using it?I also add a little of the Lucky Buck Mineral to kick it up and help with the Bucks Antler Growth.