Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
QDMA CEO - Worked in Deer Breeding >

QDMA CEO - Worked in Deer Breeding

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

QDMA CEO - Worked in Deer Breeding

Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Spike

Default QDMA CEO - Worked in Deer Breeding

CHECK OUT WHAT I RECEIVED ABOUT QDMA.
Brian Murphy – CEO of QDMA received his B.S. in Range and Wildlife Management from Texas Tech University and his M.S. in Wildlife Resources from the University of Georgia. Following graduation, Brian worked as a Wildlife Research Coordinator for the University of Georgia where he coordinated all deer research at the deer breeding facility. During his last year, Brian established a Game Management Unit within the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service, only the second such unit in Australia at the time. In 1996 Brian received the National Conservation Award from the Australian Deer Association.
THE CEO OF QDMA IS ATTACKING DEER BREEDING AND IS CALLING FOR A ASSAULT ON HIGH FENCE GENETIC ENHACEMENT QUALITY DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS THAT DEER BREEDING OFFERS. QDMA IS NOW ALIGNING WITH OTHER ANTI- HUNTING GROUPS WHO ALSO WANT TO SEE THE DEMISE OF THE DEER BREEDING INDUSTRY.
BRIAN MURPHY HAS BENEFITED FROM RESEARCH IN DEER BREEDING FACILITITES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA. HE WORKED WITH THE AUSTRAILIAN DEER ASSOCIATION ( A HIGH FENCE DEER BREEDING ASSOCIATION).
THIS CEO OF QDMA HAS TAKEN A VERY HYPOCRITICAL STANCE ON DEER BREEDING. HE HAS MADE MONEY OFF FROM HIS SCHOLASTIC PARTICIPATION IN DEER BREEDING & RESEARCH. NOW THAT HE HAS A NAME AND A TITLE HE WANTS TO USE THIS TO KEEP OTHERS ( Ranchers and Hunters) FROM GENETIC ENHANCEMENT DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS THAT ARE A RESULT OF DEER BREEDING?
DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THIS ATTACK HURTS THE HUNTING INDUSTRY? QDMA NEEDS TO REMOVE BRIAN FROM HIS POSITION AT QDMA. HE HAS COMPROMISED HIS STATUS AS A FAIR AND UNBIASED LEADER FOR THE QDMA WHO IS SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT ALL QDMA MEMBERS, MANY OF WHOM ARE HIGH FENCE RANCHERS AND HUNTERS, ATTACKING THE VERY INDUSTRY THAT GAVE HIM THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE TO AQUIRE HIS DEGREE AND POSITION OF AUTHORITY.

RUMOR IS SEVERAL QDMA BOARD MEMBERS PARTICIPATED IN HIGH FENCE HUNTS AND STOCKING HUNTING RANCHES WITH DEER FROM DEER BREEDERS.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Spike

Smile Look at this post from the Lone Star Outdoor news

JustHunt- Mr. Murphy and the Board of Directors of the QDMA need to have the onion skinned a bit. I have heard from a creditable source that Board member Chris Asplundh of PA owns a ranch in South Florida that is High Fenced and has hosted an annual meeting for all Board members including Mr. Murphy which included hunting inside of the enclosure. They have also profited off of auctioned hunts to this ranch during their annual convention
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by justhunt2012
JustHunt- Mr. Murphy and the Board of Directors of the QDMA need to have the onion skinned a bit. I have heard from a creditable source that Board member Chris Asplundh of PA owns a ranch in South Florida that is High Fenced and has hosted an annual meeting for all Board members including Mr. Murphy which included hunting inside of the enclosure. They have also profited off of auctioned hunts to this ranch during their annual convention
Can't be!

Last edited by Tundra10; 03-09-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I guess Brian should know what he is talking about. After all, there is quite a corrolary between a research facility and a commercial breeding farm. I mean, how would we ever know about CWD if we didn't have commercial breeding farms and high fence operations? That is how they discovered it and how they determined it gets spread to wildlife.

I think QDMA should hire more ex-employees of research facilities. As for the Florida deal, where did that information come from? I can't find any factual reference to it anywhere. In fact, I can't find any reference to it at all. Could you please giveme a name and number to call?

By the way, I just read where two more cases of CWD were found in high-fence operations in Missouri and coincidentaly, read where WI spent in excess of $200 million trying to eradicate CWD.

Last edited by scribe; 03-10-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Latest from the QDMA forum on the QDMA attack on deer breeding

Latest info from memebrs of the QDMA on their forum.
Originally Posted by B100888
So you are saying its ok for the higher ups to hunt behind high fence, Auction off a high fence hunt to raise money for qdma and even have a higher up own and run a high fence property in pa?? Is this not what qdma is taking a stance against?? Please do tell how that works?? Does this mean that qdma is fighting the deer farming of whitetails but not the killing of whitetails and other species behind high fence??

B100888: Not to speak for you but I think you may have also ment to ask them: Is it also ok for a board member of Qdma to also be a deer farmer? Please note Chris Asplundh, is or has been a member of the Pennsylvania Deer Farmers Association.
If I'm out of place B100888 please excuse me. Boy there's a lot of back peddling going on by them now.

http://www.padfa.com/MEMBERS_name.htm

The more this goes on the worse it becomes for the members of QDMA.
The board needs to take action now to stop this non-sense and aligning it's self with ant-hunting groups against deer breeding and high fence hunting.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

I am waiting for the proof any QDMA official went on a high fence hunt such as was described and I am waiting for you to recognoze the difference between a commercial deer breeding operation and a research facility and to u nderstand how lucky it is QDMA has someone who knows so much about the dangers of commercial deer operations when animals get transported between states.

I'll bet MO, WI, TX and many others are glad, too.

Last edited by scribe; 03-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.