Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much would you pay?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

@GTO, we have plenty of hard mast for the deer food plots are planted but not on our property, their at the top of it and we just intercept the deer heading to feeding from bedding or vice versa. @Topgun, this is just one piece of property we have. The reason behind all this is cuz we love to share the outdoors with others. We would like to turn a hobby into something more. We have the knowledge, property, and enthusiasm to share what we love to do. We have taken our fair share of trophy bucks along with sum family members as well. And were gonna be having a film crew begin to film our hunts starting in the spring. Were just trying to get our name out there and share the love brother!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

I pay less than $500 for an entire year at my hunt club, which is about 800 acres, plus I can set my own stands and I have a general idea of what the hunting pressure is like when I'm not there. Of course, I don't see too many huge deer either.

Personally if I am going to travel and pay to hunt, I am probably going to want lodging and food provided. If I am going to stay at a hotel and find my own meals, I probably wouldn't pay more than $1000 for a week, and that is assuming I have a rock solid recommendation from someone I trust that the place is just overrun with huge deer. Like someone else said, you are basically just paying a tresspass fee. Having someone else drag and gut my deer doesn't really interest me and isn't worth paying for, just to be honest.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

This thread sounds like an advertisement, you fishin for customers?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Why would you want to take a relatively small piece of property like you mention and not keep it for yourselves and relatives? It doesn't look to me like you could make enough money from the few people you could allow to hunt it properly and not ruin it IMO. I guess what I'm saying is that it would be more hassle than the money you would get out of it.
Kind of what I was wondering. Not going to be able to charge much for 100 acres.