Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much would you pay?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default How much would you pay?

Hey guys just had a question and would greatly appreciate your feedback based on your experiences or opinions... How much would you be willing to pay for a quality whitetail and/or turkey hunt if you were to use an outfitter? This is juat for the hunt not including lodging or meals. Thank you for responses as it will help tremendously!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure this has a pat answer. Going to depend on what an individual would be wanting to get out of a paid hunt. If I had to put a $ number down for a paid hunt with no meals or lodging (basically you would be paying a trespass fee) I would have to know something about the quality of land I would be hunting, i.e. deer population and size of bucks.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

Too many variables to the equation to give a meaningful answer.
Acreage, terrain, crops on property, deer herd size all need to be given.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

To add on what my partner is trying to ask: our property is located along the Ohio river in southwest Ohio. These are big woods bucks! It consists of 100 acres connected to hundreds of other acres that is not hunted during the bow season. Crops on this particular property (we have others lol) are soft mast mainly paw paws early season, and hard mast of red, white,and chinkapin oaks. The property has deep ravines, harsh thickets and steep ridges for these Ohio bucks to get old in. The deer herd is hard to keep tabs on cuz it changes from year to year and we simply do not have an open bean field to glass from at night to watch em. BUT what were trying to offer here is a chance at these big bucks for people willing to pay a fee to hunt such trophies. Basically trying to get a feel for what are willing to pay to shoot a doe or a Ohio buck ranging from a 130-170 class buck.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, people interested would walked to a deer stand in one of our many prime hunting locations, their deer field dressed for them and delivered to our truck. We do all the hard work for ya! All u do is shoot em! We can have it processed for you or you can handle that on ur own. Customers choice, and if you want it mounted we can handle that for you as well.we do our own european mounts, shoulder mounts done by verified taxidermist.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also this is just one particular property, we have several others ranging from urban to big woods, and in between. No meals or lodging. Price is simply a fee to hunt quality deer from guides who know the land and will put u on a shooter or icy just want to simply fill the freezer with does, customer choice. Your feed back is appreciated
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what prices I've seen it can get pretty expensive,a decent Self Guided Hunt for say $750.00 to $1000.00 wouldn't be too bad if Stands were set up and a Person would have maps and at least someone would take You to where the spot is with some info of what size Buck You were allowed to shoot.A more in-dept Hunt where You could stay somewhere close to the Hunting Property and have a few meals is worth a lot more,Your getting into the $1,500.00-$2,000.00 dollar range.A lot of places charge more for a larger caliber Deer when they get into the 150-200 Class Range.A lot depends on the number of days allowed to hunt,if it's with Archery Equipment or Rifle?

With the Economy like it is money is tight and most Guys that Deer Hunt would be willing to do some of work themselfs to save a little money.Some Hunters don't have a decent place to hunt and are willing to pay for a nice Hunt!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 03-04-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks GTO! Appreciate the feedback. Well here in Ohio we can only use bow shotgun muzzle loader and certain handguns. Our properties would mainly suit a bow hunter or youth gun hunters due to the close proximity of the deer to stands. These deer get pretty close! Since we're new to this...about how long do most hunts last typically? I was thinking along the lines of 3-4 days should be able to kill a great buck and a few does if wanted. Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your Welcome Turkey Fan,another thing You could do is to look at some of the other Outfitters on the Net and see what kind of rates they have and how they operate?

Thats about the norm for time spent to hunt with a Rifle/Shotgun,my experience with a Bow it could take a little longer...a lot depends on the density of Your Deer Herd,do You have Food Plots or a good amount of Acorn tree's?It would be pretty cool if You allowed a Hunter to take out a Doe when Hunting for a nice Buck...not all of Us are Horn Crazy,especially with a Bow the Hunting is much harder...at least it is here in Missouri from my experiences.

I also Bow Hunt and we don't have a lot of Deer in my area....food plots help draw them in closer,clover fields and any type of Fruit tree's are big thing for drawing in Deer also.I've had Deer come in to where I Bow Hunt its just that they need to be a lot closer and I won't shoot out past around 35 yards....actually the closer the better.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why would you want to take a relatively small piece of property like you mention and not keep it for yourselves and relatives? It doesn't look to me like you could make enough money from the few people you could allow to hunt it properly and not ruin it IMO. I guess what I'm saying is that it would be more hassle than the money you would get out of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.