Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
"What Hunting is All About" *video* >

"What Hunting is All About" *video*

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

"What Hunting is All About" *video*

Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Spike

Default "What Hunting is All About" *video*

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to share this video of my dad and I walking up to a buck he had shot that morning. We have been hunting in our back yard (around 3 acres of wooded area...no corn fields for miles) for the past 7 years and we have NEVER seen let alone harvested a buck as big as the one we got that day. It was an experience neither my dad or I will ever forget. That day reminded me what hunting is really about...it's all about the experience and who you spend the hunt with!!!

Please leave your comments and ratings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DswivfN1LI4
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool. And you are 100% correct. It's the expereinces that matter, and not at all about the "rack" .... though that does add a thrill factor. My dad is 88 and still hunts with me off and on. Last season he had the thrill of seeing the largest white tail that he can recall. Didn't get a shot though ... said it was "too dark" to see well enough for a shot, and besides the deer was a long way off. It was no farhter than about 90 yards and there was still about 45 minutes before sunset. Oh well, just hope I can make it to the woods at 88! Took him into the same area 5-6 more times. Never saw that or any other buck again.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Spike

Wow, 88...that's awesome bro. To still be hunting with your dad when he's that old is quite the blessing.

And sorry about not getting that buck! It's good though that he didn't shoot if he wasn't comfortable with the shot.
Originally Posted by Mojotex
Very cool. And you are 100% correct. It's the expereinces that matter, and not at all about the "rack" .... though that does add a thrill factor. My dad is 88 and still hunts with me off and on. Last season he had the thrill of seeing the largest white tail that he can recall. Didn't get a shot though ... said it was "too dark" to see well enough for a shot, and besides the deer was a long way off. It was no farhter than about 90 yards and there was still about 45 minutes before sunset. Oh well, just hope I can make it to the woods at 88! Took him into the same area 5-6 more times. Never saw that or any other buck again.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing your great hunt and time with you dad with us,it's good to get excited for anothers success. Nice Buck,bigger than anything I have ever put my hands on after a shot. I hope you guys have many more good times together,cheerish them they go by swiftly.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
88 and can't still teach others a thing or 2,
A lot to be said for deciding on NOT taking the shot.
God bless, and hope for you have many more years in the field
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Spike

That is awesome. Great video.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great video...................Congratulations !

Nice deer in anyones book.

Yep, that's what hunting is all about (Family & Friends) !
Old 02-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

way to go..making memoires!! thats what its all about!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Spike

Good video, congrats!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Great hunt! Tell dad congrats!
Where do you hunt?
My 79 year old dad wasn't going to hunt this year. He doesn't get around real good anymore. I talked him into it. He ended up shooting a small buck in the heart at 75 yards with 30-30 open sights. Fun times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.