Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Am I still allowed to deer hunt this coming year? >

Am I still allowed to deer hunt this coming year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am I still allowed to deer hunt this coming year?

Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Am I still allowed to deer hunt this coming year?

I don't have....a trail cam.....no gps.....no block salt.....no corn feeder....no atv......one climbing tree stand, carried into and out of the woods.......no rangefinder .........no boresights for a rifle .......no ultra expensive scope .......no two way radios ...........bullets first made more than ten years ago.........nothing digital to use in reloading ........
no big pick-up truck..........my own butcher and food processor, me.............

On second thought, I think I'll just stay away from newbies. The shock of not having that equipment might be too much for them and the deer, use to seeing it in the last five years.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Spike

Actually, I'd say the hunting world needs more hunters like you!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:15 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Just watch enough of those cable hunting shows. You will come around.
(just kiddin of course)

Last edited by MZS; 02-18-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry, that self climber takes you out of the running. You should be climbing up and setting on a branch.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry that you feel so depraved. It makes my heart weep! And I assume that you ain't got no scent elimiation suit, binos that can spot a cottontail 200 yards under a full moon and certainly no $250 flash light capable of guiding a Piper Cub onto a dirt strip in a heavy fog either? Man, do I feel for you ! You probably shootin a 30/30 or an '06 , heh ? What kind of skinning knife you got? Something like a Schrade or Old Timer ? Well heck ... my advice is that you sit and watch them huntn' shows all summer so's you'll know what to buy before next season ! That way you can go huntn' again.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

What is truly funny is when someone who gets every technological advantage they possibly can looks you in the eye with a straight face and tells you they only hunt "mature" bucks for the "challenge"! Whatever.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kid
What is truly funny is when someone who gets every technological advantage they possibly can looks you in the eye with a straight face and tells you they only hunt "mature" bucks for the "challenge"! Whatever.
BWWWWWHHHHHAAA! Now that's funny!

Last edited by kswild; 02-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

To each their own. No need to bag on the guys using all that stuff. ( Although you do it in a round about way). I just odered i $1000the coyote rig capable of shooting more than 4200me pfs and have a 6-24x50date scope to put on top of it, and when i get a chance to drop a yote at 400a yards ill be glad i had it. Does it make me a less of a hunter? Nope, just better equipped.

Mind you, my go to deer rifle is a savage 99e in 300 with a tasco scope.

Again, to each their own.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Spike

I hunt the same way, I better hang it up too.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
I don't have....a trail cam.....no gps.....no block salt.....no corn feeder....no atv......one climbing tree stand, carried into and out of the woods.......no rangefinder .........no boresights for a rifle .......no ultra expensive scope .......no two way radios ...........bullets first made more than ten years ago.........nothing digital to use in reloading ........
no big pick-up truck..........my own butcher and food processor, me.............

On second thought, I think I'll just stay away from newbies. The shock of not having that equipment might be too much for them and the deer, use to seeing it in the last five years.
That is pretty much the way I have done it, as I have gotten older I have gotten a few things but overall I like to get out and scout. I feel I have the advanage, & if I get out smarted, well, I feel good about that also. jmop Doc

Ya gotta go look'n

He is here-- ( nice one!!)

see how they move

I caught up with this one, a doe

I think I am on to something!!!!

He is working the heavy stuff

he is using the pines

Here is where I am going to wait!!!

Well, ya can't get them all,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.