Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Wildgame innovations rangefinder? >

Wildgame innovations rangefinder?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildgame innovations rangefinder?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wildgame innovations rangefinder?

Has anyone had any experience with the Wildgame Innovations R500X Rangefinder?

Thanks
Croc2116
Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I bet it finds ranges. I have one of their trail cameras. Not the greatest thing ever, but it takes pictures. I would assume the range finder would match up just as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it's built as well as their game cam's.......stay as far away from them as you can!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I equate it to buying a leupold or a tasco scope. Id love to have a leupold on top of every rifle i own, but ive probably killed more deer from the time i was little with a tasco. Only time i ever missed would be my fault, not the scopes.

So, if youre looking for a range finder you are going to use on a $50,000 african safari, or a guided elk hunt id maybe splurge and go with a quality range finder. I have a leupold (under $200). If its for everyday use, or to use for archery and short distance, go with a cheap one. Itll work just fine.....Buy it at cabelas and they will replace it for free.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm so cheap

I learned years ago, to measure off twenty yards for archery, by using my arm. Didn't get charged extra for it.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Halo 400 not the R500X. I like it so far the readings are acurate. For under $100 I think I got it for $80 on sale. Easy to use and acurate. I bow hunt mostly so that is what I got it for. As far as the ARC featured ones that is hype to me. I get up in a tree no higher than 13-15 feet so no need for that feature. As NebBuckHunter said If your Hunting budget can afford the High priced ones go for it!

CVG Ohio
Old 02-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Buddy had one and it wasn't the greatest. Had problems getting yardage of a parked car at 50 yards. He returned it and got a Nikon

I also use a Nikon 550 and it does pretty good. Don't need the elevation feature unless you hunt very hilly area.