Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting in VA

Old 01-21-2012, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
That is still being researched. It was put in the bill at somewhere along the process one seems to know who or when. But this was mentioned in letter by VaHDA as early as spring of last year. There are also statements by their chairmen that Sunday Hunting will be limited to bowhunters in the final bill. There seems to be alot of back door politicing and deals being made on this issue. That is why the fight can not be given up. At least two more votes needed and carefull looking at the bill that is up for vote is needed. Sundfay Hunting needs to be open to all hunters with all legal means utilized on the other 6 days. But should not be just limited to bowhunters. Time to really start writing and calling the politicians and let them know you are aware of the de3als being made.

Thanks for the information. Looks like one of the 15 committee members would have had to have proposed this change? Need to find out who it was to see if there is a connection between them and the VaHDA.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=vapahunter;3903138]As has been discovered your reason for having dogs running all weekend is a mute point. The VaHDA, a fully dog hunting organization, slipped in a rider at the last minute that says that dogs can nor be used to hunt Sundays. Next item on their agenda is to limit it to only bow hunters so it matches their rant against removing the ban. This group will do anything and everything to keep the ban on. Yet they say they are for expanding hunting opportunities for every one.

vapahunter..... It doesn't make any sense for the VaHDA to put a rider in that says dogs can not be used on Sundays and then ask to limit it to bowhunting only.....because if it were bowhunting only you couldn't use a dog anyway....And I agree .....it sure sounds like they want to keep the ban on......the VaHDA sounds like a bunch of LIBS.....If I don't want to hunt on Sunday then nobody can....

Last edited by brewman555; 01-21-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Will be glad to see this ban lifted.

Just because Sunday hunting is legal doesn't mean you "have to" hunt on Sunday.

If you want to go to church on Sunday thats your choice, don't use it as an excuse.

Also remember not everyone has the same religious beliefs as you do. So its not right for me to hunt around your religion, or have you hunt around mine.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sunday Hunting

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Will be glad to see this ban lifted.

Just because Sunday hunting is legal doesn't mean you "have to" hunt on Sunday.

If you want to go to church on Sunday thats your choice, don't use it as an excuse.

Also remember not everyone has the same religious beliefs as you do. So its not right for me to hunt around your religion, or have you hunt around mine.
I agree on that. I am originally from Va., born and raised there. I never understood those stupid laws based on mixed religion. Can't hunt on Sunday. Can't shoot a gun on Sunday, but it is ok to get drunk and fight on Sunday.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
I agree on that. I am originally from Va., born and raised there. I never understood those stupid laws based on mixed religion. Can't hunt on Sunday. Can't shoot a gun on Sunday, but it is ok to get drunk and fight on Sunday.
Ah but you can shoot a gun on Sunday. There is no law against that here. You just can not shoot at an animal even though you can eat it on Sunday. The only restriction is you can hunt.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Ah but you can shoot a gun on Sunday. There is no law against that here. You just can not shoot at an animal even though you can eat it on Sunday. The only restriction is you can hunt.
What is even more interesting, is that it is completely legal on Sunday for me to go into the woods and do everything that I would do while hunting including carrying a weapon, and without evidence to the contrary such as shooting an animal, I am considered to be not hunting.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

@deluxejunk Although I don't agree with you on your views of sunday hunting I commend you on your ability to refrain from responding in an immature way. Takes a WISE man to do that.
Good luck hunting, my friend.
Tim
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default This is just the Senate...

One thing to remember is that this is just the Bill that is in front of the Seante. THe House still has bills to hear and vote on as well. 99% sure that there will be NO bill heard by both houses until ALL the bills are vetted thru the committee's and side they currently reside on.