Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Warm rubber boot for deer stand hunting? >

Warm rubber boot for deer stand hunting?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Warm rubber boot for deer stand hunting?

Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I wear Lacrosse ice mans. Rubber bottom pack boot. They look huge because of the built in thinsulate as well as removable liners. Keep my feet nice and toasty.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

i go with muck boots. my dad has it bad in the cold cause his feet always sweat so he just wears on pair of socks walking out and then puts on a new pair when he gots to the stand (that is kept in his bag or if he need them warm there in his in most layer of colthes) and if he plains on staying out all day he has more if his feet get sweaty again.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

These boots are new to the United States but I have had a pair for the last year they are GRUB Boots. They make some for really harsh conditions this might help your problem
Old 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Spike

Theres always another option that I personally like. I wear the Lacrosse Alpha Burly and then when I get to my stand i wear boot blankets. Artic shield also makes a more compact version. THe boot blankets do the trick for me.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bwhunter501
These boots are new to the United States but I have had a pair for the last year they are GRUB Boots. They make some for really harsh conditions this might help your problem
How expensive are these boots and who sells them?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.grubsfishing.com/index.html Here is the link hope this helps!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Spike

Get yourself a good antiperspirant like sure or rightguard in stick form and rub it on your feet.Your feet won`t sweat so they won`t get cold problem solved.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have Cabela's 1200 gram insulated rubber boots. My feet still get cold so i use toasty toes if cold out and if really really cold out i use 2 toaty toes on each foot. However I dont have to travel very far to my stands like you guy have to. The only prob with these boots is they are a tight fit on some of the climber stands.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone mentioned military "Micky Mouse" boots? They are the warmest boots I own. Too warm for walking. I only use them while stand hunting when temps are below freezing.

Last edited by rogerstv; 02-03-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My opinion

is irregardless if the temperature is the same, while walking and standing, the reality is it gets "colder" for your feet and body, when just sitting in one place.
I had a "freezing" problem when I arrived in San Francisco and had to go to the store, years ago. I had a much heavier winter coat on and the employee asked if I was sick. No, I said, I had driven through the 112 temperature in the Mohave desert at noon, and my body hadn't adjusted to the change. He knew exactly what I meant

And if the feet sweat on your hike to the stand, frozen feet are the only option to await in cold weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.