Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sorta looking forward to it.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well .. I'm headed down Friday and staying until Jan. 21 then back Jan. 27-31.
So you are hunting about 3000 acres of the "old" White Oak Plantation property near Notasulga. Got to be close to my son-in-law's hunting area. He hunts towards Tuskeegee from Opelika. He was there last weekend and bucks were running does. I hunt near Pittsview. Whole different estrus pattern. Much stronger arly to mid-December. Supposedly because the area was stocked back in the 1930's with deer from up north. I used to hunt near Midway (Bullock Co.) and estrus was always mid to late January. And often after the season closed on Jan. 31. Good luck and hope you get a good 'un.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well, had a great hunt. I killed a doe quickly the first night and passed four or five bucks I didn't want to shoot. My partner from here, killed a fair 8. My young man did get a shot.

After some scouting, I picked out a stand I knew we would see deer from, at least, does. He got see a lot of deer and finally took a shot at about 50 yards but it wasn't to be. Still, he claimed it was a great hunt. Fine young man and for sure, I took away far more than I brought to the hunt.

Mountaintop Outdoors is a great organization and did a super job making it a big weekend for this young man.

My season is over, it ended with a 215-yard shot and a fat doe for number nine. Now, it is time to start moving a stand or two, put a new one or two and catch some fish.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Spike

Just thought I'd throw a War Eagle out there while we're on the subject I graduated in Dec 2010 (and stayed for the championship. Toomers was rolled like you've never seen it rolled before). I'll always be an Auburn girl!

But anyways, I hope your hunt goes well and that he has the time of his life!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by prairienights
Just thought I'd throw a War Eagle out there while we're on the subject I graduated in Dec 2010 (and stayed for the championship. Toomers was rolled like you've never seen it rolled before). I'll always be an Auburn girl!

But anyways, I hope your hunt goes well and that he has the time of his life!
Read the post right above yours.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Glad the young man had a good time. Glad some deer were shot as well. I have got to hunt more next year. For the past three years I have hunted a total of maybe 10 days in 3 different places. Hard to do with any consistency. Maybe I will just concentrate on Notasulga where I got the buck this year.