Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which Climbing Tree Stand?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

The summit viper is my choice. Love it
Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Spike

I've used my two API stands for nearly 15 years and enjoyed every sit. A few things that made them quieter for me...

Carry a foam thermoseat and use it to stand on. Not only does it help silence your foot motion, it helps reduce the heat transfer between your boots and the metal stand.

With regards to a sit for the climber, I got rid of that and added a section of black cargo netting attached with zip ties. The seat is super light weight, comfortable for an all day sit, and I don't have to worry about animals chewing on insulation if I leave my stand out for a few weeks.

Each of these techniques should work with just about any climber that you choose.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Spike

I vote for the Summit! I have one an bought another for my son. No Complaints here.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Spike

Hey mate, I have only been on the forum a few months but everyone here is also friendly and helpful... so maybe this may help you out?

https://huntingquest.com/category/tree-stand-reviews/

It reviews a sh*t load of stands. I am normally pretty suss on this kind of crap when it looks like somebody is trying to steal my money but I emailed the bloke asking him about the stands he uses and he reckons he only reviews the ones he's tried out. He also said summit viper is one of the most popular brands at the moment. I am looking at getting one as soon as I get a few more pay checks in the bank. Moving to Texas from Aus was not cheap! Still, need to convince the misses as well haha. Wonder if we would get a discount buying 2?
Old 08-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't go wrong with a Summit Viper.