Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad

Old 01-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

yes mother nature can be a bitch.....
Old 01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

natural selection
Old 01-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The "reservoir" deal makes no sense because all water has to be treated before use, so either somebody doesn't give a rip or thought it was too risky to go out there for an animal.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Spike

yeah reservoir is just a lame excuse.... I agree. I mean what's worse someone slipping a flat bottom in there and pulling the deer out. Or having a rotting carcass in the drinking supply?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

costly and dangerious!!! theres your reason
Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I agree with that last post. It just wasn't in that buck's future to breed any more does! Too bad, as I'd much rather see ANYanimal go quickly, no matter what it is!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

Was this Meander Reservoir? Its the only one I know of in the area that doesn't allow anyone to fish, boat, or even step on the property.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
costly and dangerious!!! theres your reason
Absolutely correct.

They should have just shot it. No need to waste a lot of resources on rescuing an animal. It would have done two things by shooting it. Added nutrients to the lake, and more importantly, ended the bucks suffering.

I think the same thing about dogs that need rescuing. This is coming from someone who owns, and loves his, dogs too.

Life is harsh at times. We have to make choices based upon the resources available. Rescuing animals has the same cost as people, and it's not cheap in most cases. I've seen where my local FD and PD have rescued animals at a large cost in times while the budget is tight they are laying people off. How stupid.

If the owners were more responsible, the animals would not be in need of rescue. Losing them would be a tough lesson learned.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

A weird post from a Pa guy. In Pa you see on the news and in the paper deer being rescued from all kinds of strange predicaments, not just ice.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 01-19-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
A weird post from a Pa guy. In Pa you see on the news and in the paper deer being rescued from all kinds of strange predicaments, not just ice.
Agreed GP. It wouldn't have been a difficult rescue. The ice was very thin, had it been near my house it woulda been real easy to do. Too far away unfortunately.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.