Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad

Old 01-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Sad

Had the motorcycle out for a 200 mile loop today. Crossed a lake and saw an interesting and sad sight. The pics are hard to see, they are from my cell phone. But the buck was in the middle of the lake bobbing up and down. Some said he'd been out there for several hours. Local FD said they couldn't help and the game warden was watching from the shore.
The lake it was in is a resevoir for Akron Ohio I guess which is the reason they couldn't take a boat out. Sounds like a lame excuse to me. Hate to see an animal suffer like this.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails Sad-deer.jpg   Sad-deerice.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

The deer is the black spot in the ice right in the center of the picture. Follow thr broken ice trail and you'll see it. It looked like a decent 8 pointer. Like I said, cell phone picture, not the best.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

that is sad was it still alive
Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ya. It was treading water trying to get up onto the ice. You'd see it crawl up on, and then the ice would break and it'd be in the water again.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame...seems like they could take a Boat out,rope the Deers Head/Antlers and pull it to safety?I like to Fair Chase/Deer Hunt but hate to see an Animal suffer and die needlessly like that!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Had this been in my town, I woulda had the boat out and roped it to drag to shore just like you said. The locals said it was Akron's water supply though and that's why no one could help. I woulda just dropped a boat in and done it.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, sad indeed.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Spike

So if it was a human they still couldn't rescue it also because it a reservoir ? Is that the line of reasoning...?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Joot
So if it was a human they still couldn't rescue it also because it a reservoir ? Is that the line of reasoning...?
I don't know anything about the place but I'm sure they help a human.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Circle of life....sad but ya can't save em all. Besides fish have to eat too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.