Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

somebody agree with me lol

Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default somebody agree with me lol

Friend of mine sends me a pic of a deer skull with a massive rack that he found in the woods while hunting... anyhow he procceeds to tell me that this is the buck that his friend shot 2 years ago...
he said the whole entire skeleton was together and that the horns were perfect with no sign of animals chewing on horns... Anyhow i find it hard to believe that a deer skeleton can lay in woods for two years and not be scattered all over the place and nothing chewed on the horns...

what do you guys think???

This guy is a bit of a BS'er
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I'd have to call BS on that one too!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Highly unlikely....as in like 99.9% unlikely. No chew marks and the whole skeleton is still in one place....probably is a couple months old, certainly not 2yrs.

Next he'll tell you his friend is getting it mounted. LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

yeah.........no.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I found a nice rack in WV one year and there were bones about but the leaves had covered most of the stuff. It was in a swampy area so maybe the rodents did not go in there?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well at least a nice cover story

About how his buddy missed a shot on a buck and never recovered it himself.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Unless the deer was buried under the permafrost in the arctic, your suspicion is correct. Within 2 weeks in the summer heat, that deer will be rotted, ripped up, and laying in disassembled pieces strewn all over the place. The antlers will be nearly completely consumed by porcupines and other rodents.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Got to throw the flag unless this guy lives in an area totally devoid of any other living creatures from beetles to other deer.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

I drop my deer carcasses in the woods behind my house. Within a couple months they are picked clean to the bone. Not one has laid in place for long. Eventually something drags off most parts of it, even the head and antlers.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

What i thought... The area is a bit swampy but im sure there would of been some kind of damage to horns...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.