Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Leniency because he is a PO?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can say that I have never, ever shot at a deer until I was sure it was a deer and nothing else. I need to see that sweet spot I aim for and without seeing enough to know it is surely a deer I can't Identify that spot.

The case was supposedly still being investigated and hopefully someone involved in the investigation will see the wrecklessness in his conduct as reported.

I am not interested in seeing the guy's entire life ruined but he should be charged. I assume a finding of guilt would follow and that would get him away from firearms because although this was "just one accident" it is the kind of accident you can't call a mulligan on.

As far as a sentence that would be up to the courts and in all likelihood it would be minimal. I would guess no incarceration, maybe a 5 year period of probation and hopefully a lifetime revokation of firearm ownership.

Yes that would force him to leave LE but he could likely pull pension and find a job doing something else.

What I'm saying is that regardless of who anyone is the proper steps need to be taken.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Spike

Was VP Dick Cheney charged when he shot a fellow bird hunter in the face with a shotgun?
Of course there's always double standards!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go outside here in New England around 5:00, it's pretty freakin dark!

anytime a person is shot when a "deer" was the target, there should be charges. Orange, no orange etc, doesn't matter.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to say first before everyone blasts me. Yes he should face something. His hunting rights should be revoked forever, but I must say the lady wasn't very smart to be walking in the woods during gun deer season with no orange. In deer country everyone knows it's deer season. I didn't see if she made it. Hope she's ok.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I heard this on the radio!

the boys in blue lie lie lie and stick together! why a jury would believe any one of them is beyond me! but then again juries are made up of the dumbest people on earth.

This scumbag should face charges!
I heard the husband say it was an accident, but should at least be investigated!? an accident? I mean sure maybe it wasn't a murder attempt, but that's no excuse!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

as to the dogs, unleashed running nearby her would make more sense...

but if you can't tell a dog from a deer, yes you shouldn't be hunting.

Although honestly all these hill billies who drive deer and shoot 20 deer in a day and blast anything that moves, it's no surprise one of these guys shoots a woman.

btw was he trying to shoot a dog and hit a woman? were they leashed? doesn't make much sense. I'd def put some blaze orange on my dog during deer season...
Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

btw if another hunter is illegally hunting without blaze orange and you shoot him, the shooter is still at Major fault! there's absolutely no excuse to shoot a human, or a dog for that matter when you're DEER hunting.