Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Found a body dump today...

Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Angry Found a body dump today...

Pulled over at a rural RR crossing to let the puppy "recycle" her water bowl this a.m.
By the signal box, not 10 ft from the asphalt were 7 deer, intact but for depredation... & the antlers which had been, literally, hacked off. Two looked to be spikes, well under 100 lbs.

WTF?!

What sort of a person does this?

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 01-01-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course not always, but sometimes farmers will shoot as many deer as they can to keep them from being around eating their crops. They dump them elsewhere because they don't want to draw predators into their property either.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe all got hit by the train? someone hacked the antlers...i certainly wouldnt eat a train hit deer(maybe if i was there to see it) cause ya dont know how long they been there..i might hack off the antlers to bang together in the rut.the workers might haved drag them off the tracks.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

No, not hit by a train as they were fresh enough that bullet wounds were easily visible as were the tire/boot tracks frozen in the mud.
I found something similar several years ago here on state land- 2 nice bucks sans antlers, otherwise totally intact, stuffed behind a large rock at the parking area.
Sad, especially since we have an active venison donation program.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default They should be jailed then....

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Of course not always, but sometimes farmers will shoot as many deer as they can to keep them from being around eating their crops. They dump them elsewhere because they don't want to draw predators into their property either.
Too lazy to take them to a "Hunters for the Hungry" program? In Michigan, they would be ticketed for dumping illegally.