Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting

Old 12-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
All true. I got fed up about 10 years ago and bought a camp in NY for just this reason. Old ideas and traditions die hard in this state it seems.
i have 50 acres in upstate NY
also have a place in a community in PA
i hunt both,
sometimes worth making the 6 hr drive upstate for a full weekend of hunting
as opposed to the 2 hr drive to pa for 1 day of hunting
Old 12-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Terasec
i have 50 acres in upstate NY
also have a place in a community in PA
i hunt both,
sometimes worth making the 6 hr drive upstate for a full weekend of hunting
as opposed to the 2 hr drive to pa for 1 day of hunting
Well, on the bright side, the land in NY has no doubt increased in value since the Marcellus shale boom.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I hunted National Forest's in VA for several years. We would use Sunday as a scouting day since it is illegal to hunt on Sunday. Very seldom would any of us see all these people that claim Sunday is the only day they have to use the woods.

I agree with Todd1700 here. It's fine for a landowner to restrict hunting on his own property but what right does he have to tell me when I can hunt my property?
I also agree but the problem was it was put on a ballot for everyone to vote on to keep it or not. I voted to keep it but the majority ruled in this case and it got voted out. We also had a school levee come up for a vote that would increase everyone's taxes if it passed. Not everyone has kids in school but the majority voted for it and now everyone pays higher property taxes. Same concept....Majority rules. Not all county's in WV are closed to Sunday Hunting and for the record, when it was legal here in Putnam County, I went bowhunting twice and managed to kill a doe one Sunday morning.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support increased Sunday hunting.