Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

knew things were bad but...

Old 12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Todd1700 is correct. In Pa. you mail in a report card if you kill a deer. The Game Commission actually says it adds to the cards numbers to make up for hunters that don't send in a report. They (Game Commission) are going to get the numbers any way they can. For years the report was 38 deer per square wooded mile, even after a couple of years of record deer kills. I remember when the report card asked if the deer was taken on public or private land. That kind of went away when the deer numbers dropped severely. The guys with private land did not want to get involved, but now unless you have a large area, you are screwed too. I live in an area that has an extended 30 day doe season. It used to be a tag sellout. The season opened today and there is over 10,000 tags left.