Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
A picture of my "trophy"...don't laugh :) >

A picture of my "trophy"...don't laugh :)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A picture of my "trophy"...don't laugh :)

Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

very very nice. congrats to you. you wont get any better meat than that one.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on your first kill. My wife has been hunting with me for 17yrs and she just loves to hunt.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Spike

Thank you all so much

And I would absolutely never overcook a piece of meat. I mentioned that I'm not a big beef eater, but when I do eat it, I'd like to be able to put a band aid on it and have it start mooing again. And same with my venison; I'll always keep it rare.

And somebody mentioned my tractor I call it the Green Bean. Love my tractor!

I grew up fishing and hiking and camping and such. I've always loved the outdoors, but this is my first year hunting! And I am definitely hooked.

I also went bird hunting for the first time this year. We walked over 10 miles up and down the Wyo hills for three days in a row. I shot two huns (hungarian partridges), and they were absolutely delicious also.

Anyways, I'm getting way off topic. Being one of the few girlies around here (hopefully not the only one!) I feel like I need to prove that I can hang with the guys, hehe. Kidding, kidding...

Last edited by prairienights; 12-19-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

prairienights I congratulate you on your DOE. Way to go. But I betcha them 2 hungs where more difficult to harvest?

By the way tell your husband a big THANK YOU for his service to our country and a bigger Thank You to you for supporting him.

GO WAR Eagles......... GO SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have yet to find a way to cook antlers! Congradulations, welcome to this world of hunting and War Eagle !
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Spike

Great job! She would look bigger if you were wearing a BAMA hoodie instead!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Your smile says it all. Congratulations on a great hunting experience
Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only thing wrong with this is you apologizing for your trophy. Nothing wrong with that deer girl. Just smile every time you take a bite of that great tasting meat.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your trophy!!!!!! You earned it legally and rightfully!!! Everyone has to learn to crawl before they run. So you just enjoy your trophy and don't ever let anyone tell you different for we are all behind you!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Spike

War Eagle!!! And thank you to everyone who mentioned their support for my hubs/the troops. I always pass it on, and I'm also very proud of him He has a wonderful career ahead of him as a field artillery officer. I love all the adventures of Army life and take the deployments and the moves and such in stride.

I made a venison meatloaf tonight for dinner!!! Delicious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.