Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Enough with the deer hunting shows. >

Enough with the deer hunting shows.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Enough with the deer hunting shows.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Most of the shows on today are one of the biggest problems with hunting and introducing young hunters to hunting. Too many are ledt to believe it really is that easy.

I was on television for 5 years. Now I about puke everytime I even hear one. But how else are they going to sell their gimmicks? The saddest part is, many of those hunters can really hunt.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

What's sad is that many of them also can't hunt. They can handle the hikes in the wild countries, but are too stupid to reload automatically.

I like seeing the big country out west that people hike into. It's so different than the oak hardwoods I disappear into.

It never ceases to amaze me how some of the "professional" hunters have a real guide/professional hunter with them and you can hear them say "Reload! Reload!"

It's funny, after I shot my second buck this year, after having missed it once, I thought about that and started laughing. I did not have to think about working the action, I did it automatically. All I had to do was breath, and squeeze. I focused and did not miss again.

Something some of those guys who pay big dollars going after bighorn sheep can't do. I don't consider them real hunters. Heck, I don't think many of them are all that good of shots either.

I don't want to detract from some of the real hunters that have shows though. As Scribe said, some of those guys can really hunt. You can tell which ones have skill, and which ones are fraud in a hurry.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I think all the hating on the shows is a bit unnecessary. For one, what kind of show would they have if they showed all of their hunt? the missed opportunities, the bucks they Didn't get a shot at, the Missed shots...? it wouldnt be much of a show at all. They have a half hour.. I will agree whole heartedly that the high fence ranch hunting is stupid. The fact that of that half hour, Half of that is commercials and Pounding product after product into people's minds is also rediculous. That being said, most of these guys, know what they are doing. You don't get a TV show by just calling yourself a hunter. I happen to know the stories and where some of these guys started out and Most (of course not all) earned the reputation and success they've experienced.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quit crying and stop watching them if you don't like them
Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on, really? I see these posts all the time and just have to laugh.
These shows are ENTERTAINMENT- paid for by the products that are advertised (pushed) on these shows.
Geesh, if you don't enjoy their form of entertainment push the little power botton on the top of your remote.
I understand these are not real life average joe hunts. I understand these guys go to places where getting enough footage to entertain us is possible.
I enjoy seeing places that I probably will never hunt. I enjoy watching hunts where huge bucks are shot. I never tuned in to a hunting show believing that they were going to teach me something (though some do make an attempt to give hunting tips).
Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crabclaw
I agree, can't stand most of them. I do like In Pursuit and Midwest Whitetails. But BoilerDaddy you got it all wrong on the wrastling, that's the only true sport left. lol
Yeah, I like Bill Winke he seems like a good guy. His web shows are pretty good and aren’t last year’s hunt. More like last week’s hunt.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Spike

I watch hunting shows because they entertain me, not educate me, if i wanted education I would take a class. When i want to be entertained i turn on the TV. It is no different with automotive shows, they have massive funds, tons of donations, and top of the line everything. But it still entertains me
Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

It scares me when I think of hunting as a "True sport" and see it on T.V. For years I figured the only "True sports" were Hunting and Golf. Now wait a minute, I am serious. When I was in high school (Quite a while ago) we had a golf team. I, like many others, would have rather been hunting and so we did. The jocks played the other sports like soccer, football, and basketball. The point is, the guys that hunted and golfed are still doing it. True sports. The jocks dropped out of their sports after high school and now sit and watch it on T.V. Are people slowly going to drop out of hunting after high school and start watching it on T.V.? I guess there goes one of the last true sports.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
It scares me when I think of hunting as a "True sport" and see it on T.V. For years I figured the only "True sports" were Hunting and Golf. Now wait a minute, I am serious. When I was in high school (Quite a while ago) we had a golf team. I, like many others, would have rather been hunting and so we did. The jocks played the other sports like soccer, football, and basketball. The point is, the guys that hunted and golfed are still doing it. True sports. The jocks dropped out of their sports after high school and now sit and watch it on T.V. Are people slowly going to drop out of hunting after high school and start watching it on T.V.? I guess there goes one of the last true sports.
I tend to disagree with what you say here...first of all there isn't a whole lot of opportunity to play football and soccer and such once you get out of college unless you go pro or semi pro, which is quite difficult to do. Second those sports take a much bigger toll on your body than hunting and golf.

Don't get me wrong I love hunting and golf, don't get much golfing in these days those, but maybe when I am older. I also love football and soccer, played both in highschool, it took its toll on my body too, with knee injuries, shoulder injuries and concussions and such. I am definatly not in any kind of shape to be playing those anymore. But I can still walk 18 holes or drag a deer 500 yards out of the woods.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

IMO tred barta has the most legit hunting show. ive been watching his forever and enjoyed everyone. I saw one (after he was paralyzed) where he was in a blind with his best bud with the stick bow and shot a 6 point he said "it might as well been the biggest buck in all of texas" when he shot it. He was crying with happiness. thats the hunting spirit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.