Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Enough with the deer hunting shows. >

Enough with the deer hunting shows.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Enough with the deer hunting shows.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Eastmans Hunting Journal is a decent one.All public land and fair chase.Although i dont hunt mule deer and elk i enjoy watching do it yourself hunts.There used to be a show called do it yourself hunter on the outdoor channel that was good but it never returned for a second season.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Spike

Take a look at Animal House Outdoors on the Sportsman Channel. These guys do all their own video and editing work as well as hunting in NY state on public and private land. They hunt and fish for whatever is in season.

They are different for sure. All I ask is give them a look. Every episode is different.
http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/p...ion.php?ID=475
Old 12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

I agree that most hunting TV shows are hard to watch... Personally I would rather watch a sitcom or other TV.
I used to be part of Lone Wolfs Whitetail addictions TV show and it was different, but it still had a ton of advertising and still had to please sponsors... That show is no longer on the air.
I started making hunting shows recently without sponsor crap, and filming on public and private farms just like every body else hunts. The theme is to teach the viewers and to take them along for the whole hunt, the scouting, set up, and the kill, do it on average land without the aid of outfitters, and without trying to shove products down peoples throats... Right now those shows only air on my site and on local S.E. Wisconsin public television.
If any of you would like to view them on line we have two up right now, one is a public land hunt in a marsh in Minnesota, the other is me hunting a private farm I got permission on showing how I used trail cameras to kill a nice 10 point... Here is the link:
http://videos.thehuntingbeast.com/

You can also leave comments about the show ( or read others comments ) with the link under the video so we know where to improve and what hunters want to see.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a classic the other day. Like many shows these days, the guy was using a T/C single shot rifle (nothing wrong with them, especially if they are provided free of charge).

Guy watches deer broadside in field for a while, you know, to get the required "pre-roll", then takes a poor shot as the deer is exiting the field quartering away hard. Deer jumps into a ditch then stands broadside on the other side of the ditch. Meanwhile, guy is watching and talking to camera guy instead of reloading. Then deer walks into the thick cover. Guy finally reloads and shoots again, likely a miss due to brush. Then deer trots across open field and into a thicket while guy watches instead of reloading and shooting again. Luckily the deer was recovered after dark.

In a "real" hunting situtation, if I were the hunter, this deer would have been shot at the first good opportunity, and if it did not drop, it would have been shot again at the next good opportunity. Nobody is perfect and I have had to shoot deer more than once. But I don't mess around watching them when I should be shooting, and I don't shoot a single shot for this exact reason.

Got to realize that hunting shows these days are glorified commercials. There's a reason why you can read every logo on every product the hunters are using.