Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Missed by That Much....

Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Missed by That Much....

My dog is relative the color of a deer. All summer long, the does have mistaken her for a fawn and pay her no attention. She does the same however, she is starting to learn to blood trail some. Anyway.

Earlier this afternoon I turned her loose to run and play in the backyard. A little while ago I happened to look out the window and she and a big old doe were nose to nose about four feet apart. I grabbed the camera but by the time I got the lens changed, it was too late. Missed a great shot by that much.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

when i read the first sentence i thought you were going to say someone mistakenly shot your dog. thank god thats not the case. but thats pretty cool. when ever my lab/terrier mix see's a deer she trys to chase it down lol. it would have been really cool if you got that pic.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

When this picture was taken, the dog was just out of the picture in the foreground. She is staring at my dog, not me. That little patch of turnip greens my neighbor has is a flat magnet and talk about fun. I crackup when one of them accidently jumps low and hits that electric fence.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I remember a couple of years ago there was a video posted on HNI about a dog and doe that chased each other all around a yard. The doe wouldn't leave the dog alone and they played for quite a while.