Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice PA doe down!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nice PA doe down!

After a long archery season, I finally knocked a deer down with this nice sized doe I shot on Dec. 4 2011 in Clarion, PA. Hopefully I can get a shot at a buck in late archery/muzzleloader season coming up!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

definitely a giant doe. my dad killed a nice eight point on the clarion/armstrong county border off rt 28 on the 2nd day. i am currently kicking myself for passing up 8 bucks in archery.... nothing in gun season but the late bow season/muzzleloader is hopefully were im gonna get one. coming home today a GIANT 10 pt ran infront of me. his g2's were atleast 8 inches and with a spread i estimate around 20" with good mass. hopefully ill get a chance at him.

thats a pic of my dads buck.
Attached Thumbnails Nice PA doe down!-dads8point2011.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe, congrats!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thats a big PA doe, any idea what she weighed?
-jake
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys! And Jake, no unfortunately we didnt get her weighed as I myself would like to know too.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the harvest.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Spike

Congrats on a very nice, large bodied doe!!!! She's a big one. I love getting bucks when I can, but I absolutely LOVE getting those big bodied does!!!
To me it has always been impressive when guys bring in their deer to us for processing and everyone thinks their buck weighs 200# or more field dressed and then a guy pulls up with his 160 pound doe and she dwarfs most of the bucks lying on the ground.

A guy brought us a doe from Gouverneur, NY to be processed that clearly dwarfed all the other deer we had on the ground. When we hung her up and put her on the scales, she was 188 pounds field dressed!

Congrats on a great deer!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Spike

Way to go on that doe! She is a monster. How'd you take her? She just walk up on you or did you use any attractants?
Old 12-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Very Nice, That is one nice doe, Congratulations, Doc
Old 12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone, I was just set up on an old logging road and a group of 8 does came walking right in. No attractants or anything, just sat in a good spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.