Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tower Stand Info

Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Spike

Default Tower Stand Info

Hello,new to the forum but i am looking to build a towerstand. Possibly 4x6 platform ontop of 12'-14' press. treated 4x4's. Using the "Elevators brackets". My question is what the best way to go about this? I'm looking for any info, Sides,roof,drop windows-slide windows,etc. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Spike

I built something similar but only 10' high. Built platform attached elevators then flipped it upside down. Attached legs, crossed braced all 4 sides and then flipped it upright using 4 wheeler. I made 4 corner post using 2- 2x4's shaped like an L and screwed them to each corner. Attached 2x4 horizontal members for siding to attach and used mtl roofing.................pretty light and simple.
Attached Thumbnails Tower Stand Info-stand2.pdf  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am playing with the idea of doing the same thing, but instead of building something on top of the platform, I am thinking about mounting my ground blind up there.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am goin with the trailer blind next time. really cool concept and easy enough to build. i plan on makin mine a legal trailer, not just some wheels to get around the ranch.
if yer talkin permanent, whats pictured below in a corrupt file will get the job done.
on a permanent..make sure the legs go to the roof. bury the legs 1/3 in the ground...er 2 55gallon drums with cement buried in the ground(saw this somewhere cant wait to try it, think i'll drill a couple holes in each foot and run re-bar through before pouring concrete.)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
I am playing with the idea of doing the same thing, but instead of building something on top of the platform, I am thinking about mounting my ground blind up there.
I thought about that after I had it built.......wish I would have thought about it before. Great Idea
Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

How much are you guys looking to spend? I spent about $500 on a 1/2" treated plywood ground blind. There are "kits" you can buy also and of course the molded ones are great.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...unting+blindes
Old 12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Spike

Im not looking to spend a ton of money but am willing to go $200-$400.. I have a lot of 2x4 i think im going to rip down in half for my walls. I also have a bunch of plexi glass to use for the windows along with alum. C-channel for the guides.. Im thinking i want to use plywood on the outside. Good deck stain/paint. I plan on building this in sub assy. pcs. in my shop then assembling it in the woods in spring/summer. What do you guys think? Im also looking for ideas to use my slider up/down plexiglass wndows. Like how to keep them up/down,quiet,etc. Any info? Thanks again
Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

My advice don't skimp on the windows! If you get sliding windows, make sure they slide both ways.

Here is a picture of the stand I built this year, maybe a little over the top, but I plan on hunting it for the next 40 years.
Attached Thumbnails Tower Stand Info-img_1160.jpg  

Last edited by Dampland; 12-18-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 AM
Dominant Buck

A friend built one similar to what has been discussed and made the windows out of plexi and they were drop down. The windows are about 12" high by about 3' long on all 4 sides of the shack and he made them by sandwiching plexi cut to size between 2"strapping which ran all around. He placed 2 hinges on the bottom and a thumb toggle at the top in the center. To lower the window he just twists the toggle and the window just opens and hangs down quietly. A bit of oil on the hinges at the beginning of the season keeps them quiet. He had another blind with sliding plexi windows but they were always noisy and harder to keep the place air tight so his heater could work well.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Spike

Thanks guys,i did just get some plexi. I plan on using it as slide down in an alum. track. Hopefully i'll try to get some pics up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.