Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Had a scare today!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I as well thank god he was OK cept for a limp. That and that he uses a cell phone. My dad is 71 and does not even own or know how to use one if he had to. He does hunt, just not alone. Glad all are OK and carry on another day.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Spike

Praise the Lord...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

God Bless him and he has.

I had a liver transplant 14 years ago my Dr was a deer hunter. He told me to hunt as much as wanted to and he enouraged me to. But he made me promise not to use a climber. My diaphram was cut and I lost alot of upper body strength.

So here I am 14 seasons later and no more climbers. It doesnt bother me one bit as long as I get to go to the woods and see a deer I am happy. I shot 3 nice bucks 2 years ago and have not pulled the trigger since. I can honestly say I dont care whether I shot a deer or not. As long as I see one from time to time is enough to recharge my batteries.

I pray your Dad continues to recover and has a very special Christmas. I got a feeling he is going to
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Spike

Glad to hear your father is ok, what a scare! Thanks to our Heavenly Father and Jesus for all of the times they are watching over us and our family!!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad he's ok...

How about god not letting it happen in the first place
Old 12-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Deepsouthdeerjunky
PRAISE GOD everything turned out ok! He Deffinatly had my old mans back this morning!
AMEN!!!!!!! Glad things turned out OK.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear he is ok, that would be a scary situation. And thanking the Lord is the only appropriate response! Also glad to hear he was back out hunting so soon.
-Jake
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

THanks for the comments everyone! Deffinately was a scary moment a just an awesome reminder about how know one knows when their time will come!
P.S. we now own 4 hunter saftey systems rather than just one ha.. one for each member of our hunting party
Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad your dads allright.If hes still stiff and sore this morning you may want to have him checked out by a doctor.Im certified in fall arrest/rop rescue and hanging upside down for that length of time can cause some problems, blood clots etc... that can break loose and move around inside the body.You can feel fine and still wind up with some serious problems.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

God was looking out for your dad and its good to hear he is ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.